Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Sites for testing SEO

Member #
    Liked
    26 times

Sites for testing SEO

Just thought I'd share a few of the tools i find useful, these are great for tweeking SEO and making sure you haven't forgotten anything.

and they're FREE! ...no signup required

If you have any other test and measure tools, feel free to share

Website Analysis and SEO Tools | Site Analyzer
    Web Page Analyzer Tool for SEO | The Escape

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There's a reason they're free, Tim...and I say this with the knowledge that you meant well and are trying to help, and you're not just spamming stuff. You get what you pay for, and when it comes to third-party tools they're pure junk science. They look good and they sound impressive, but when you stop and evaluate them objectively they offer a whole lot of not much you couldn't do for yourself coupled with some very bad and incorrect advice.

Consider this example from the first tool (the second one doesn't work):
    Meta Robots

Missing When missing, search engines index every page of your website.
    Not true. A robots.txt file with a disallow directive, pages behind logins, inaccessible pages, pages that aren't linked, or pages buried several levels deep in the navigation structure of a website are all reasons why "not every page" will be indexed. The presence (or lack thereof) of a meta robots tag is not the sole indicator of what content will be indexed.
    Code:
    Meta charset

Missing
    Seems like a real problem, right? Except in cases where the charset is defined within a CSS file. There's a perfectly valid reason to define the charset within a CSS file as well...if you've configured your site correctly, the CSS file will be cached on the server, meaning the line containing the charset will not have to be regenerated for every page load. This doesn't seem like much, but as your site grows things like this can noticeably decrease your server load.

The first tool also suggests using the U tag for underlining important text. See Rule #11 here.This one is broken far too often for the purposes of "style"; it's understandable, but it's not a good idea. Of course, using the U tag for underlining anything (or for that matter, text-decoration: underline in CSS) other than an anchor is not a good idea using the opposite logic.

I'm not going to get into the obvious stuff about networking and "link juice" and all the other nonsense, because it is just that...third party guesser tool nonsense. The point here is "take these tools and use them if you must, but with a grain of salt". The best tools are actually supplied by the search engines themselves.
    delstu likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    You can analyze your site from https://www.ahrefs.com/. I hove found this very useful tool.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I have used Seositecheckup, Ahrefs, Moz Pro and found all are good. Afrefs is more effective because you can browse all the backlinks, anchor text and more. Website analysis is really important because it helps you to find errors and remove them.

Member #
    I have used site analyzer & seo webpage analyzer. Both are very much helpful. Timbo, Thanks for nice sharing.

Banned
    Member #
    Seositecheckup i have used this site..it has a lot of features and the control panel is awesome too....easy to use and very informative...
    it allows u to export to pdf also...

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    There is one more site which is good enough to analyze the site as per SEO point of view that is MOZ which gives an appropriate information.

Remove Ads