Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Posting links in forums are beneficial?

Member #

Posting links in forums are beneficial?

As all the forums have nofollow links, so is it beneficial to build links by posting links in forum?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by jessica_watson View Post
    As all the forums have nofollow links, so is it beneficial to build links by posting links in forum?
    No. Any links posted by yourself to your site are not of any benefit. Let the links come from others who wish to link to your site.

Your job is creating quality content that others want to link to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Not all of the forums have no follow . .just stay active and provide quality content on your website and the the forums.
    Last edited by lucky ali; Jun 01st, 2015 at 11:53 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Well from the one side it is a way how you popularize your website as with each post you are able to get so caled signature. However, the question that bothers me is that we are all here for the same purpose? For signature? If yes, then we are not probably going to attract some customers/visitors or what so ever.

The real question is that do average internet user find those forums useful? If yes, it means they are actually visiting them and trying to find valuable information. If this is the right answer, the only task for us left is to find those forums that are the most active and try communicate as much as possible.
    Host1Plus.com USA | UK | Germany | South Africa | Brazil | Netherlands | Lithuania | sales@host1plus.com
    Powerful VPS Hosting SSD caching | IPv4 & IPv6 | 2 free backups | DNS management | 500 Mbps uplink
    Cloud Servers - Powerful API KVM Virtualization, Windows and Linux | 1 Free Ipv4
    Reseller Hosting Unlimited domains, sub-domains, databases | Free dedicated IP

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    just because a link is nofollow, doesnt mean you wont get any benefit from the link. You will not get juice passed to your site but thats not the point of posting on forums or commenting on blogs. the reason you should comment on forums and blogs (even if they are nofollow links) is to build up your brand, reputation and gain referral traffic. If you reply to somebody that requires help and you supply a great answer, the user or blogger my visit your website (and anyone else that reads the post or thread), take a look at your services or blog posts and hopefully link to you as a reliable source of information, maybe order from your website.

So to answer your question... YES, it is very beneficial!
    cwvps likes this.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    It’s never a good idea to include a comment on a forum just because you want a backlink, but including your link will look good if that link is relevant and ads value to the conversation. Even if the forum sets its links to be no-follow links, there are still a few benefits:

1. Clicks. Just because search engine bots aren’t following the link you put in that forum doesn’t mean that people can’t click on the link. If you’re offering great advice in your answer to a forum question, and you say that a link can offer even more information, that will surly help you generate some clicks.
    2. Reputation. Spammers don’t usually bother with no-follow links; thus aiding to their bad reputation. However, users will appreciate that you are adding a link just because you think that link could be helpful. It shows that you’re putting your audience before the Google bots.
    3. Backlink Profile. Believe it or not, Google looks highly upon sites that have both nofollow and dofollow links. This illustrates that your links are natural, so although you may not get the PageRank SEO benefit, it is said that this will help improve your authority.

Banned
    Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    First of all not all the forums are no-follow. There are a lot of do-follow forums available. You have to find relevant do-follow forums. You can use do-nofollow addons for searching do-follow forums. Forum backlink can help you to get rank as well as traffic.

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by idoljercavs View Post
    Yes I agree, there are also forums that are do-follow. If you stay active and you provide interesting and helpful content, I am sure your link that you promote will have a lot of benefits.
    Really? Ive heard of do-follow forums but searching through reputable sources I've never even seen evidence that do-follow exists. Google, the most popular search engine has no information on do-follow in their webmaster tools, analytics or any other documentation on it. I guess they just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Everywhere I read that nofollow links are not important for a website to rank well.Only dofollow links can make difference in the ranking.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Benefits from it will come for sure, because many forums have dofollow links. The most important thing is not to have in mind only link building, but also offering value. Don't forget you're building your reputation as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads