Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: search term is mainly stop words?

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

search term is mainly stop words?

Hi,

just wondering what to do to optimise a page for a search term that is mainly stop words?

Im trying to get this page to rank for the term what is a truffle

in googles keyword planner it states that this term is searched for about 2000 a month so it would be good to be at the top for. however I have a piece of software that analyses page content for SEO and it always flags stop words in the page title and URL etc and states they are either bad or will just be ignored by the search engines. Having looked at the competition Im quite confident I could get to the top for the exact phrase 'what is a truffle' however this software implies that Google will see the page title as just 'truffles' which is quite vague and much more competitive.

How should I go about this?

At the moment I have the URL as what is a truffle and the title as 'What is a Truffle'

Should I keep them this way or remove the stop words and just have 'truffle'

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    keep them
    Pages that answer specific questions usually do pretty good, often better than those with better demand numbers in your keyword research. I would look for more questions to write pages with answers.

Google doesn't always ignore stop words when someone does a search, especially ones of this type. Actually, I'm not so sure the word "what" is a stop word. "It is" are stop words but your visitors will find that it makes more sense when you use them.
    Last edited by delstu; Jul 08th, 2015 at 01:34 AM.
    medlington likes this.

Remove Ads