Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: What is gray hat SEO?

Member #

What is gray hat SEO?

Hello friends please tell me about gray hat SEO and How to Use Black and Gray Hat SEO?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Gray hat SEO is BS. It's either white hat or it's black hat. Most things are the latter.
    simasingh likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    When it comes to many things there is a gray area. I can see what you are trying to imply in that tactics not detailed by Google are in a gray area. I personally don't agree. Just because it doesn't say you shouldn't do something doesn't mean its right. In most cases I'd argue the opposite but in the case of SEO, those tactics not discussed by Google (yet) are typically schemes and/or exploits.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    TheGAME1264 and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Precisely, Vapr_Arts. It's like the law...legality and morality are two separate things, although there is some overlap.
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Gray Hat SEO is difficult to define. In the words of SEO Consultant, John Andrews, Gray Hat SEO is not something between Black Hat and White Hat, but rather "the practice of tactics/techniques which remain ill-defined by published material coming out of Google, and for which reasonable people could disagree on how the tactics support or contrast with the spirit of Google’s published guidelines

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by eyeshiv View Post
    Gray Hat SEO is difficult to define. In the words of SEO Consultant, John Andrews, Gray Hat SEO is not something between Black Hat and White Hat, but rather "the practice of tactics/techniques which remain ill-defined by published material coming out of Google, and for which reasonable people could disagree on how the tactics support or contrast with the spirit of Google’s published guidelines
    What is with all these copy/paste posts appearing lately. Is this a bot or just a wave of people who cannot think on their own?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    any form of manipulating rankings is black hat . grey hat seo is blackhat seo by hand
    Vapr_Arts likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Steves Designs View Post
    any form of manipulating rankings is black hat . grey hat seo is blackhat seo by hand
    It doesn't have to be "by hand" as such. Gray hat is more along the lines of "there's a chance that this is shady, but it doesn't expressly fall afoul of search engine guidelines, so it's a gray area as to whether or not it should be used." In other words, it's wordsmithing done by people who know what they're doing is probably wrong, but they need a way to rationalize it.
    delstu likes this.

Junior Member webiletechnologies's Avatar
    Member #
    Gray hat SEO is the mix-up or we can say middle stage of white hat seo and black hat seo. In another way we can say gray hat is something that work today for optimize webpages but Google may prevent in future for better quality content results.

Member #
    Gray hat is something middle of white hat and black hat its much riskier than white hat

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Remove Ads