Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By medlington
  • 2 Post By delstu
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: PBN's Webmaster Tools and Adsense

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

PBN's Webmaster Tools and Adsense

Hi,

Im creating a couple of PBNs as a bit of an SEO experiment for one of my sites and I want to track the rankings of the PBNs as well as my main site, I dont want to sign up to webmaster tools with my usual Google account or from my regular IP.

What do others do about this?

- Create a new google / webmaster tools account for each PBN from different IP's?
    - Use Bing to track progress?
    - Dont bother tracking the progress?

On a similar note I read that PBNs look more genuine if you have adsense running on them, it stated they should be separate adsense accounts too so Google cant find a connection between the sites. Does anyone currently do this and what do you do about creating the different accounts as you would need separate bank accounts for each one which could get rather complicated and time consuming.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't know what a PBN is, but one thing you can do is to remote into a different box and set up an account that way for tracking purposes.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    PBN - Private Blog Network

Basically a network of blog pages that link back to the main site, the idea is to create your own backlinks, weather they are quality backlinks or not is up to you. Some people suggest making tier 1 PBNs that are actually quality unique websites in their own right which link back to your main site. Then having some tier 2 PBNs that are basically cheaply made content that maybe a little spammy that then point to your tier 1 sites ( I guess the idea behind that is you can disavow any links that Google thinks are bad which come into your tier 1 sites which gives you a kind of firewall for the bad links so they wont effect your main site).

As I mentioned I was told to use different adsense accounts on the various blog sites to make them look even more genuine and if Im making good quality tier 1 sites then Id quite like to monetize the traffic to these too.

Thats my basic understanding of it and why I want to try an experiment with it. The main thing is there cant be any footprint between the sites so if I ran them through the same analytics/adsense accounts or registered them in the same name then Google could find a connection and penalize the site.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    You do realize this is a variation on the old doorway pages black-hat technique? Most of the members here consider anything done strictly for the search engines (like this is) to be a bad idea or at least a waste of time.

No matter how this is done you will leave some kind of a footprint which will eventually get you in trouble with Google and result in your Adsense account(s) being discontinued and yourself banned from Adsense.
    Last edited by delstu; Mar 29th, 2016 at 07:45 PM.
    TheGAME1264 and Vapr_Arts like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    What Stu said. This is a very dangerous idea. If anyone ever suggests "a little spammy" or registering different Adsense accounts to "make them look even more genuine", follow the detailed steps below:

1) Run.
    2) Run like hell.
    3) Run like the wind.
    4) Run like Forrest Gump did when his mamma died.

You can't "make things look genuine" without leaving a footprint. Everything is traceable online, and Google has a monkey buttload of engineers that look for things exactly like this. An individual trying to outsmart Google may as well try to play a baseball game by himself against the Toronto Blue Jays. It's about as close as you can get to a guaranteed loss.

The other thing is that if you're banned from Adsense, you don't get back in...ever. You're locked out for good. I'm not most people admittedly, but that's not a gamble I'd ever make.
    Vapr_Arts likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    I had a feeling I might get those responses, the thing is it does seem to work for some people I know.

Would you class Web 2.0 sites as black hat too?

Member #
    Liked
    544 times
    Quote Originally Posted by medlington View Post
    I had a feeling I might get those responses, the thing is it does seem to work for some people I know.

Would you class Web 2.0 sites as black hat too?
    It might work at the moment, but the reality is its going to catch up to them and they will regret it in the end.

Anything that is trying to trick Google is a bad idea. Plain and simple. If you are doing anything sneaky and undoubtably wrong (you know its wrong when you know you have to sneak around and trick Google) then yes, I would consider that black hat. No matter what outdated buzzword you call it.

Remove Ads