Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Does Google Chrome give better insight on SEO than Google standard ?

Member #
    Liked
    7 times

Does Google Chrome give better insight on SEO than Google standard ?

Being a grizzled old gremlin who is set in my lazy ways, I have resisted the migration onward to Chrome. But now, intending to succeed with a website, maybe it would be a good idea to leave Google standard.

How about your own experiences with how Chrome got you to be more insightful on SEO ?

BTW, in case this is relevant somehow, I am a PC / Windows 8.1 user. If you want to strongly suggest that I also migrate on to Windows 10, please do so.

My reluctance has been nosey Microsoft's non-stop tracking of Windows 10 user's online activity, although on PC-advice forum, I did read a post about how to limit that ---- to some degree, at least..

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I think you're mixing up technologies. Chrome is a browser; it doesn't have anything to do with "SEO" other than "make sure your site looks good and loads quickly in Chrome, as you would with any other browser."

You'll generally get more insight from the tools that Google provides specifically for SEO reasons e.g. Google Search Console: https://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/
    stephend500 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    O.P. here --- So, if I understand your reply correctly, regardless of whether I have Google standard or Chrome, a keyword search in EITHER ONE OF THEM, such as (to use a possibility relevant to one of your website) "bowling alleys + kid friendly + good food" will bring up the same number of results in the same ranking order ?

And, to clarify my post, the question about what members here think of Windows 10 could have been entirely separate from the Google browser query. I really am curious on how your experience with Windows 10 has been, including privacy concerns.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I'm not sure what you're referring to as "Google standard" (I'm guessing google.com/google.ca/etc.) But to answer your question, not necessarily. Without getting into an overly complex explanation, the reasons have to do with personalization of search, devices, location, and other things. Google delivers different results to different devices for different reasons.

I had Windows 8.1 and migrated to 10 recently. I don't have any particular privacy concerns as most of what I do is 1) low-reward for anyone trying to find out what it is that I'm doing and 2) so tailored to myself and my clients that it doesn't merit further investigation unless you're getting paid to do it. It's a bit more stable than Windows 8.1, and I like the start menu better. Mind you, I got so annoyed with the 8 start menu that I put shortcuts for the 24 things I use the most into folders and put those folders onto the taskbar (yes, I use 24 things quite frequently, from standard programs to custom programs to IIS to Control Panel to File Explorer. This probably doesn't work for everyone, though.
    stephend500 likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    7 times
    OK --- understood.

Remove Ads