Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree11Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 2 Post By delstu
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264
  • 3 Post By bleau canon
  • 2 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Is Google Trying to Kill SEO?

Member #
    Liked
    296 times

Is Google Trying to Kill SEO?

I found this article interesting. It is not mine! It was written by Dan Blacharski from Entrepreneur.com and published at Fox News. Here is the link:
    Is Google Trying to Kill SEO? | Fox News

Read and discuss please.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I hope the plaintiff loses and has to pay court costs, or even better Google sues them to the seventh layer of Hell and back again. That is one of the dumbest, most frivolous lawsuits I have ever heard...and of course, mainstream media's take on it is as flawed as it almost always is when they cover anything to do with tech in general and SEO in particular.

I only need one reason:

e-ventures Worldwide Contact Inquiries General Contacts
    Contact Us | bestpayrollservices
    Contact Us | topcreditcardprocessors
    Contact bestretirementdestinations.com
    Fort Myers, FL CPA Firm | Naples Page | Stroemer & Company, PA
    https://www.crowdreviews.com/contact

Apparently all of these sites/"companies" (and probably a lot more) share the same Naples, Florida address. Assuming it's not a Regus address or mail forwarding address (which probably gives these clowns more credit than deserved), then this is an astonishing coincidence...or someone's doing some shady stuff, in which case Google has every right to lay the smack down on them and probably should.

I thought we were past this narrative. "I'm being VICTIMIZED by Google because I got my stuff to rank and now they banned me and I lost my company and had to fire 65 of my top employees and my wife and kids left me and they got the house and now I live in a display tent at Macy's as long as the night security guard doesn't find me." Enough already. It's old. It was a lie the first time, it's a lie the 87,912th.
    delstu likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    The fact that Google is penalizing "search engine manipulation" is not the problem, the problem is that they are not doing it for everyone equally. Glen from ViperChill has done an interesting research on how 16 companies are dominating the Google search results, you can read the post here: How 16 Companies are Dominating the World?s Google Search Results
    I find it very interesting! The bottom line is if you have enough money you can get away with anything. I would actually love that the Google algorithm can be that advanced to show me exactly the results I was looking for, results that are most relevant for me, but I'm afraid that is (still) not possible, algorithm can be manipulated, so SEO will keep existing, and still be alive and well for years to come.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Anna Taylor View Post
    The fact that Google is penalizing "search engine manipulation" is not the problem, the problem is that they are not doing it for everyone equally. Glen from ViperChill has done an interesting research on how 16 companies are dominating the Google search results, you can read the post here: How 16 Companies are Dominating the World?s Google Search Results
    I find it very interesting! The bottom line is if you have enough money you can get away with anything. I would actually love that the Google algorithm can be that advanced to show me exactly the results I was looking for, results that are most relevant for me, but I'm afraid that is (still) not possible, algorithm can be manipulated, so SEO will keep existing, and still be alive and well for years to come.
    I allowed this post, because it's exactly the same sort of nonsense that the article references.

Anyone can take a small sample of the billions of searches done worldwide every day and come up with results that would seemingly indicate that a company or group is "dominant" and that they're somehow manipulating Google into providing "rankings" based on nothing other than reductionist arguments and speculation lacking evidence. This is also precisely what makes SEO in its contextual sense a junk science industry.

However, I will say this. I'm glad that Glen from ViperChill has taken the time to write such an important post. Hopefully Bob from DumazDirt and Stephanie from Useless SEO and Social Media chime in as well with their agreement. We need to hear from all of the self-anointed experts!
    bleau canon likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    I am disappointed that no one pointed out that the link I posted is to a very LOW QUALITY article. Almost NO research at all and the little there was is directed at finding just a little to support the authors point of view.

News websites such as Fox do a very poor job of preparing. I am old enough to remember when a reporter would have spent a month researching their topic. The quality of reporting on news-sites is so low it is difficult to trust them.
    TheGAME1264 and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I actually did, Stu.

...and of course, mainstream media's take on it is as flawed as it almost always is when they cover anything to do with tech in general and SEO in particular.
    EDIT: Seriously, though, it was coverage of tech in mainstream media in general that confirmed to me what I long suspected...MSM and story quality are mutually exclusive. I had a local newspaper quote me out of context in 1995 when I wasn't even being interviewed by them (I was talking to someone and didn't even know the reporter was there). Until I saw tech coverage in the mid-2000's, I thought this was an isolated incident. I learned otherwise. This is why I don't take any mainstream media sources seriously. It doesn't matter who they are.
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Jun 27th, 2016 at 07:50 PM.
    delstu and bleau canon like this.

Member #
    Liked
    187 times
    I don't think real honest journalism exist anymore within the main stream news media. I've got a girl that works for me that has a mba in journalism. She worked in a top mainstream news station until she married one of our local boys and relocated here in the mountains with him.

She's told us that they were given deadlines to get a news report out and sometimes those deadlines would be only a couple of days and some 24 hours. She said all she could do was hit the internet running and write the article and try to get it out to the public before any other news station did. She said I was never given any time to really do a through investigation or research for the news article and most of what I had to write was just hear say from opinions, not the actual source.

I sure am glad she left the big city and married this local boy and I found her. She's one awesome article writer for websites and anything else in between, and I give her all the time she needs to get it done right.
    Last edited by bleau canon; Jun 27th, 2016 at 11:44 PM.
    TheGAME1264, delstu and turboguy like this.
    Bleau
    "Give the gift of life, Adopt a child, And an Animal"

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    There was a clip on YouTube where Stephanie McMahon (yes, the WWE's Stephanie McMahon) talked about going to journalism school and being told that the correct way to write and report a story was to convey a message that appealed to its target audience. In other words, to put a spin on some facts and ignore other inconvenient facts that could interfere with the prevailing narrative. Unfortunately, I've only ever heard the clip once and i can't find it again.

That's why the FOX article came as no surprise to me. It's a classic David vs. Goliath story. This poor innocent sweet little "serial entrepreneur" (translation: guy who has lots of ideas to make money and expects to put forth minimal effort to make them happen while he hires others to do the dirty work and treats them like trash) is being censored by Big Evil Corporation. It sells. People buy that. It doesn't have to be true. it just has to feel as though it's true.
    delstu and bleau canon like this.

Remove Ads