Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: 7 Off Page SEO Techniques You Should Avoid

Member #
    Liked
    296 times

7 Off Page SEO Techniques You Should Avoid

I see a lot of copy/paste lists by newbies on this forum and this article may actually give them some insights about SEO.

I am not a fan of the Huffington post or the author of this article but it might actually help some of the less experienced.

7 Off Page SEO Techniques You Should Avoid

Perhaps I should point out that Off-Page-SEO does not exist
    Last edited by delstu; Jun 29th, 2016 at 09:50 PM.
    simasingh and hakimubni like this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I see what you're trying to do, Stu. I really do. The problem that I have with this is both the source (A.J. Agarwal via Huffington Birdcage Liner) and the article itself. It's one of the rare articles that almost makes a good point, but then buries it in the usage of vernacular that doesn't make sense (e.g. "off page SEO"...it doesn't exist) and then ends the article with a question that cannot be answered because it is based on a phrase that doesn't make sense.

There's also the feel of a shady SEO exercise involved here, in the way he links to multiple pages using the phrase "off page SEO techniques" (why would anyone do that?) and in the way he targets some of The Anointed Godly Leaders of SEO Who Must Not Be Questioned.
    simasingh likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    I wholeheartedly agree Game, but as you suggest, I believe (hope) it may help some of those that come here with their Copy/paste lists.
    Last edited by delstu; Jun 29th, 2016 at 09:51 PM.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Junior Member josephfranklin166's Avatar
    Member #
    i think one should avoid Black Hat Seo that is very.
    That traffic may penalize your site. so be careful.

Banned
    Member #
    It is really weird that the first thing mentioned in the post is forum marketing. If you think this is the the worst seo technique then why have you posted it here on a forum. I would say that most of these things are still helpful if we do not focus just on the quantity.

Banned
    Member #
    thank you nice post i try to leave but number of webmaster are using this techniques

Banned
    Member #
    SEO off page
    1. Guest post
    2. Article
    3. Blog
    4. Forum
    5. Commenting
    6. infographcis
    7. Press release

Member #
    7 SEO Off page Techniques

Content Posting
    Blog submission
    Forum Posting
    Infographic submission
    Yahoo answering

Member #
    In my opinion, buildinh unique and usefull content for users is the only way we can be ranked top on google.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Quote Originally Posted by erostradingcompany View Post
    7 SEO Off page Techniques

Content Posting
    Blog submission
    Forum Posting
    Infographic submission
    Yahoo answering

I counted five techniques, none of which are SEO-related.

I tried answering Yahoo! once. They called me. At least they said it was Yahoo! They sold me a time share on Molokai Island near one of the leper colonies. Great deal.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads