Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By bartsimpso

Thread: What is a Non Crappy Website | per delstu

Member #
    Liked
    3 times

What is a Non Crappy Website | per delstu

Delstu - Let's talk about our different definitions of what makes a crappy website.

Mine are simple. I try and put myself in the consumers shoes.

1. One that is appealing to my eye.

2. One that is customer friendly, responsive, navigates easily, etc....

3. One that I would buy from.

4. One that isn't too hard to find on the internet. The best place to hide a dead body? The second page of google. //waiver - I did not come up with this saying//

probably left out a couple other things I, as the consumer would look for.

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    Wicked, neither of us defined what makes a crappy website. Attempting to define a non-crappy website is just an attempt to circumvent the questions at large. You did this by challenging Game in the other thread and now you are doing the same with the questions I asked there as well. Your tactic of attempting to turn the discussion to another topic isn't working.

It is probably a waste of my time but can you tell me what are your duties as an SEO when you take on a new client?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Ummm, you are the one that attempted to change the subject and why I started another thread to prevent that one from being hijacked. I'm fine not wasting anymore time on a different subject, just thought that's what you were after. I would rather focus on the original one anyway.

The duties of what happens when I take on an SEO client? I have no interest in talking about that here, I'm only here for Web Design. There are SEO forums for that and I don't need any help in that area.

Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Wicked, neither of us defined what makes a crappy website. Attempting to define a non-crappy website is just an attempt to circumvent the questions at large. You did this by challenging Game in the other thread and now you are doing the same with the questions I asked there as well. Your tactic of attempting to turn the discussion to another topic isn't working.

It is probably a waste of my time but can you tell me what are your duties as an SEO when you take on a new client?

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Here are your exact words. I am not trying to change the topic, you are:

Quote Originally Posted by delstu View Post
    Wicked, you are getting ahead of the topic without understanding Games viewpoint. Start with what is SEO and what is the practitioners job? I once saw a statement by an SEOer that their job is to get a crappy site to rank on page one in the SERPs; do you agree with that statement? How about the SEO industry as a whole?

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    So you could not see how the question related to the topic in a very basic manner in an attempt to understand your viewpoint. I would hardly call that off topic. You may. It is looking like you simply want to argue until you justify your viewpoint or convert everyone over to your views. Not once have you answered my questions but attack. This has become completely pointless.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    hey guys, i'm new but you both should meet. and maybe get a room.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Thanks Bart

It's easy to disagree when neither party are discussing the same subject.

Quote Originally Posted by bartsimpso View Post
    hey guys, i'm new but you both should meet. and maybe get a room.

Member #
    Liked
    959 times
    However you two want to disagree, here's one thing that isn't going to happen: calling someone out by name for the purpose of starting an argument. This is a community. Trolls are not welcome here. This serves as the one and only warning for the both of you.
    Ron Roe
    Web Developer
    "If every app were designed using the same design template, oh wait...Bootstrap."

Remove Ads