Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By TheGAME1264

Thread: Need advice on hosting & Setup

Member #

Need advice on checking backlinks

Hi Guys,

I built a site and it is not showing up in Google anywhere that I can notice, except that it seems the addon's (portfolio, post etc) pages that shouldn't even be indexing had ranked (on like page 18) instead of the homepage url.

The page is at the top of bing.com and I know Google can take a while, but the fact it isn't even finding the main homepage in the results has got me wondering.

The client used a back link thing on fivver and I am wondering if this has damaged the site with some dodgy back links? The site is fairly new so hoping that this is just the case and Google hasn't searched it properly yet.

I'm interested to see exactly what backlinks are linking to the page, what is the best software / program to do this, is their a free one that will give me at least a handful of backlinks shown without having to subscribe?

not sure I can post the site, but it's Pattaya Boat Hire - Yacht Charters & Day Trips | Ocean Marina Pattaya - would be so greatful if anyone can give me any heads up or advise as to what the problem might be or how I can look into it.
    Last edited by Anwweb; Oct 11th, 2016 at 05:04 PM. Reason: Wong thread title

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    1) Run a spell checker. "Yahct" (yacht) is misspelled in several locations.

2) The domain was registered just over a year ago. When was the site first put up?

3) WordPress isn't doing you any favo(u)rs, as is often the case.

https://developers.google.com/speed/...%2F&tab=mobile

If you don't need plugins or add-ons (e.g. WooCommerce), get rid of them.

That's probably enough to get you started right there.
    Anwweb likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    1) Thanks for the heads up, will check it out

2) The site was only created 2 months, the owner hadn't done anything with the domain before.

3) This theme is horrible from others I have used so far, but it is what the client had and wanted as they'd already purchased it unknowingly of whats good or bad. I have as few plugins running as possible. I did try some that were meant to fix some of the page speed comments, but they didn't really help and as it's a godaddy hosted wordpress site, they stop you using the some of the plugin's that seem to be recommend in helping WP optimization.

With regards to he above comment would lead me to the question:

4) Other sites that I have built using xtheme / other premium themes and their page speed ratings are much better (even still on crappy Godaddy wordpress hosting - server response time always seems to be a comment tho), I assume as its a better written and maintained / updated theme than than this, that is making some difference.

5) As the client has control of the site, I have not been able to setup their search console either, could this be the missing key?

I'd like to move the client to another theme / hosting / start again, but what there willing to pay is an issue, but I do want to get to the bottom of why their site isn't ranking in Google, as it's strange it's the only site out of 6 now I've done that isn't, even though it's a new site, I still saw all my others homepages somewhere in Google within a few days / weeks. I could understand it not showing up for some of the keywords, but not the actual company name.

Thx

Remove Ads