Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By turboguy

Thread: WordPress SEO: From unindexet to #2

Member #

WordPress SEO: From unindexet to #2

Hey guys, I work in the affiliate business, which means I create a lot of websites and test a lot of different stuff to try to make them rank.
    For that I use WordPress, where I have managed to make a website go from unindexet to #2 on Google within a few days,
    which I thought some of you might find interesting, you can see a picture of the graph here: http://i.imgur.com/p5YPvve.png
    A little disclaimer is that I did this on medium competition keywords, and not high competition

Anyways here's the "recipe" that I used to make this possible

Meta data:
    It's improtant to make your meta data top notch.
    First of all you wanna go to settings > general and choose the language you want the website to rank for.
    URL structure is also really important, so go to settings > permalinks and choose "post name", ideally you customize it for every page though, so it's optimized.
    After that is done install "Yoast" or "All in one Seo" and set that up, there is lots of guides for that, so I'm not gonna go in depth with that.

Only 1 H1
    A lot of themes have the flaw that they have multiple H1's which can really harm your SEO, so make sure this is not the case with your theme, to check it
    view the source and search for H1, this is very critical.

Low spam score
    There's lots of factors in spam scores, here's how to avoid a few ones easily:
    - Add a contact email or form, this is important
    - Every article should be 1000+ words
    - Do not hide or make links hard to see, this is a huge factor

Sitemap and breadcrumbs
    It's important to have a sitemap, and less important to have breadcrumbs, but it's a nice little extra thing that Google rewards.
    Yoast and many other plugins offer both of these things.

Pagespeed: Google insight
    Pagespeed is becomign one of the biggest factors, so it's important to have an eye on it, a great tool for this is Google's own tool,
    which you can find here: https://developers.google.com/speed/pagespeed/insights/

It's not hard to hit a score of 100/100, all you need to do is install plugins that does following things:
    There is a ton of things that can do these things, I have written some examples plugins after each point
    - Minification (better wp minify, w3 cache)
    - Move scripts to footer (scripts to footer)
    - Remove Google fonts and other external code (remove google fonts)
    - Caching (w3 cache, super cache)

It's important to note that if your website is built with Jquery or the like, moving Jquery to footer might cause some functionality to not work.
    It's a big flaw to have a website which is built with that nowadays though, so you might wanna consinder switching theme if that is your case

Backlinks
    A lot of people say that links and mentions is more than half of your SEO, which is why things like linkbuilding is very important.
    There is a lot linkbuilding techinques, like creating great content, infographics and much more.
    Since my websites are affiliate sites, I don't have content that people naturally link to, therefor I buy links for all of my websites
    In my example where my website went from unindexet to rank 2 on Google, I bought links here: [EDIT: link drop removed by TheGAME1264. Please read the forum rules first.]

There is a lot of great backlink providers, but currently I use the mentiod one

I hope some of you guys can use my little "recipe" or "guide" even though I know it's not a lot of information, it is enough to make a website rank well.
    So instead fo spending thousand of dollars on some seo expert, go do it yourself!

I'll do my best to answer question
    Have a great day
    Over and out
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Nov 05th, 2016 at 10:25 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Uh huh.

https://www.sitepoint.com/community/...-google/242464

Basically, what you're proposing is sheer blivet. If you don't know what blivet is, it's 10 pounds of sh*t in a five-pound bag. Let me explain why that's blivet.

1) TechnoBear in the SitePoint forum told you the first flaw. Buying links is a direct Google ToS violation. Even if it wasn't, buying links for "SEO" purposes is remarkably stupid. There's no way to conclusively determine a positive SEO effect from a link, full stop; and the idea is insane. You're going to buy a link to boost your rank in Google to generate traffic which is untrackable; it makes much more sense to buy a link (as in an ad) that actually generates traffic and sales that can be tracked.

You personally have verified the latter to be true without realizing it, based on #2 below.

2) You're in the "affiliate business". That's not a business; that's what people who don't want to actually put the time, risk, and effort to be businesspeople do in order to say they're businesspeople. "What do you do?" "I'm an affiliate marketer for Amazon." "Wow, sounds hard!" "Tell me about it. The process is rigo(u)rous...it takes like 45 seconds to get started!"

Guess what Amazon does? It lets you become an "affiliate marketer" in exchange for links that track traffic and conversions. (Replace "Amazon" with affiliate program of your choice). The links aren't "SEO" links...they're there because they generate traffic and sales i.e. the only valid measures of the quality of a link.

3) A contact email or form has absolutely no bearing on SEO, nor should it. It's a way for people to contact you. That's like saying a logo or a picture of a building is important for SEO. There is no correlation whatsoever between these two items.

4) You're rank checking, which is useless. Converting traffic matters; your "rank" doesn't. There's a distinct difference between the two.

5) Links aren't SEO by their very nature. Neither is link building. You can't optimize what you can't control. That is where the argument begins, and it's where the argument ends, contrary to prevailing SEO "wisdom".

In other words, your point is pure trash.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Question #1: I’ve Heard That WordPress Is Search Engine Optimized (Out-Of-The-Box). Is That True?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    No, It Is Not. Why Are You Capitalizing Every Word In Your Post Like That?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    WordPress is not optimized out of the box but there are some good plug ins to do that. Yoast is the most popular one.

Just in case you can't read it that way I will say it another way.

WordPress Is Not Optimized Out Of The Box But There Are Some Good Plug Ins To Do That. Yoast Is The Most Popular One.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Attaboy. Way to correct yourself.

Remove Ads