Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

WordPress SEO 2016 Checklist

Hello guys,

I want to share with you the most important things you should do in order to optimize your WordPress blog or website for optimal SEO performance.

Use SEO-Friendly URLs

SEO-friendly urls will boost your results because they help Google to understand what your page is about

Optimize your titles for SEO

Titles are probably on of the most important on page SEO factor. For best results start your title with your keyword or place it in the beginning.

Add modifiers to your title

Use modifiers like “2016”, “best”, “guide”, and “review etc. They will help you to rank for long tail keywords.

Optimize your descriptions

Your descriptions are very important because they will help you to increase your CTR and this will help you to climb in SERP.

Eliminate thin or duplicate content

Duplicate content decrease the quality of your blog or website and send link juice down the drain.

XML sitemaps

They help search engines to crawl your websites

Content Optimization

• Content marketing is a growing trend. In fact the safest way to build or earn links is through 10x content.

• Create in depth 10x content

• Use LSI keywords - keywords related to your main target keyword

• Link out to quality resources

• Interlink other pages on your website

• Use content Resurrection - updated old content

• Keyword sweet spots -Put your keyword at the beginning and the end of the article.

Boost Time on site

The time your visitors spend on your site is vital ranking factor. If the time your visitors spend on your website is longer compared to your competitors Google will boost your rankings.

Use Responsive Design

There are more searches on Mobile than on desktop. Google even started to penalize mobile unfriendly sites.

Use responsive themes

Boost Site Speed

Speed Factors:

• Image Optimization

• Group JavaScript and CSS files

• Use Caching Plugin

• Caching information (expires header)

• Add LazyLoad to your images

• Gzip compression

• Widget/Plugin Overload

• Optimize your WordPress database

• Disable hotlinking and leeching of your content

• Fast WordPress Theme

• Use CDN for static files

• Use solid web host

• Decrease the number of Ads

• External Embedded Media

• Control a number of post revisions

• Turn off pingbacks and trackbacks

• Optimize your home page

I created a detailed guide if you need any help with anything above - [EDIT: link drop removed by TheGAME1264. This is your only warning. Thank you.]
    Last edited by TheGAME1264; Nov 09th, 2016 at 06:37 AM.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I see Rand is feeding the SEO masses a nice big dose of placebo again. Create some 10x content! Screw that, man. I'm creating 100x content! That's 10x10x content. So that's like, y'know, super powerful content.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Hi, let us see your 100x content?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Can't show it to you. If I did, you'd go blind from its sheer awesomeness. But rest assured that it's SEO-friendly. I get #-1 ranking on every search result. That's 2 better than #1 ranking. I show up in the Google logo.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Remove Ads