Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By delstu

Thread: Sudden loss in traffic!

Member #

Exclamation Sudden loss in traffic!

I have a website (not massive or fresh content as stagnant) but literally get zero traffic.

Used to, it started going really well for the first 3 months, 30 per day, 70, 250 per day then suddenly from that its gets none at all, not a single visitor - out of no where from a good number and then next day zero. Don't know what happened. It been crawled, recalled it, got a seo (yoast) which is not perfect but alot better than the start. But get no visitors at all.

Could it be a bad plug in? Reported (it's family friendly) not correct security??

It's a wordpress site, on a go daddy server...

Help!

Thanks in advance ☺️

Member #
    Liked
    296 times
    There is no way to answer your question. There are thousands of possibilities.
    TheGAME1264 likes this.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    First of all, an SEO plugin is typical flawed logic from the SEO community. "Your SEO isn't optimal, so what we think you should do is make your site slower by downloading this plugin to improve the SEO. We're ignoring page speed as a factor, but screw you, because our plugin is the absolute bestest there ever was." So yes, it could very well be a bad plugin.

Mind you, if you're looking for a single answer, you're not likely to find one. It could be any number of things, as Stu pointed out. You may be blocking bots. You may have server errors (as in 500 errors) as reported in Webmaster Tools. It may be behind a firewall and unreachable. You may have content issues. You might be penalized (although this falls under the "you're not penalized unless you're told you are, so assume you're not until you have actual evidence to suggest that you are").

So let's start with the beginning. What is your site?
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    There are lot issues to did not get even single traffic to your website. First Analyse your website whether hacked by some one or not. Then Check your google analytics tracking code in your website. If you analyse your website fully you can get a idea about this issue. After solve this issues submit your website URL's in google webmaster tool. Check your sitemap and resubmit it. At last check your robots.txt file. Because some time you blocked your home page your website.

Member #
    Update the site content. Build the website according to the search engine guidelines. Submit fresh sitemap & update it in Google Webmaster.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264 View Post
    First of all, an SEO plugin is typical flawed logic from the SEO community. "Your SEO isn't optimal, so what we think you should do is make your site slower by downloading this plugin to improve the SEO. We're ignoring page speed as a factor, but screw you, because our plugin is the absolute bestest there ever was." So yes, it could very well be a bad plugin.

Mind you, if you're looking for a single answer, you're not likely to find one. It could be any number of things, as Stu pointed out. You may be blocking bots. You may have server errors (as in 500 errors) as reported in Webmaster Tools. It may be behind a firewall and unreachable. You may have content issues. You might be penalized (although this falls under the "you're not penalized unless you're told you are, so assume you're not until you have actual evidence to suggest that you are").

So let's start with the beginning. What is your site?
    This x 2.

My guess is you installed the plugin and it's now changed something in your Robots.txt file. Seen it happen a million times.

First thing I would test is enterting "site:yourdomainname.com" into Google and see if it shows up at the top of the results.

Remove Ads