Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

Affiliate Links and "No follow" / cloaking links

So, need some advice on a affiliate site(s) I'm creating. The premise for these sites basically deal in some small niche markets. I will eventually have 30 to 40 sites and they will all link to each other. All the products are from affiliate networks such as shareasale.com, etc... Each site will list a bunch of products from different affiliates I belong to with a thumbnail and name of the product. This will not look like a blog site.

I can do my site one of two ways:

The first is, I can download a affiliate cloak plugin on Wordpress and it will disguise all of my affiliate links so they don't look like affiliate links. If I did this, I'm not quite sure if I should have a "no follow" for all the links in my robots.txt file. This process would also take a on of time to create since I would have to add each product manually to cloak it.

The 2nd way is I could leave the affiliate links looking how they are, but I would definitely put a "no follow" in the robots.txt for each link. I wouldn't use the cloak plugin. This would save me a ton of time because the affiliate networks create the code just how I need it within seconds to copy and paste right inside my wordpress page.

Any recommendations are appreciated!

Remove Ads