Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: SEO for new website

Member #
    Liked
    302 times
    In spite of what all those claiming to be experts are trying to tell you, you don't need SEO services. If they have time to solicit new customers they are not expert, especially if they recommend link-building. Today, off-site SEO has been reduced to content marketing and little else.

Content is so powerful for SEO you should start by creating a minimum of 30 content pages. Your job is learning to create high quality content that ranks higher than your competitors. Then you have to wait because it will take 6 or more months for your pages to rank. You will be better off dedicating that time to creating more content.

Learning how to create original, unique, high quality content is likely your first and most important mission.

Member #
    If you create good content, in SEO terms is it better to have it on your own site or is there an argument for putting on a high value domain and linking that back to your site?

Member #
    Do an extensive keyword research and create interesting and high quality content.

Member #
    Impossible question to answer without knowing all of the details and what words you're attempting to rank for.

It's like me asking "How long will it take me to get in shape". You have no idea what I look like, my age, no idea on my motivation, prior experiences, current weight or health issues, etc.

Instead of asking "how long" this will take, my recommendation is to learn the first step which is on-page SEO. Take time out of the equation because speed is one word that you cannot use when describing SEO.

I'd like to apologize for the video title, my intention is not to insult you. But take a moment to watch my video "SEO for Dummies" and I believe you will have a better understanding on the topic on hand.

I'm here to answer any questions you may have,

Chris A. Hughes
    A Nerd's World

Member #
    Liked
    6 times
    There is just so much content available about this. Also, while you are at it you need to start by getting courses and certifications and a website to test your learning with.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Focus at quality of content. (unique + helpfull)
    Page load speed. (desktop + mobile)
    Mobile optimalization. (80% of traffic is from mobile users)
    Get high quality backlinks. (rank your domain authority for getting search engine organic traffic)

Member #
    For the website, on-page SEO is the most important. It is what will define your website both for algorhytms and for the natural traffic. Off-page SEO is more about expanding your visibility and developing a better position in the search engine.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads