Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By muuwebdesign

Thread: Google My Business Changes (HUGE) :(

Member #
    Liked
    4 times

Google My Business Changes (HUGE) :(

Anyone notice some large algorithm changes with Google My Business traffic?

All my clients across the board have considerable less traffic now from Google My Business. Google is not giving anymore snowball traffic from ranking for terms. Basically you rank for a term like mold remediation toronto and Google will put your map listing on terms for mold cleaning toronto etc. Even though you didn't intentionally target it anymore. Now they don't do this as much.

Which sucks because my clients are getting less calls now.

Here are some changes to correct this issue.
    1. We will start having to implement more paid traffic with Google Adwords Express and everything to make up for this lost free traffic.
    2. Also start creating more pages to target long tail keywords that are related to the main money keywords.
    3. Install re-targeting (facebook & Google) and make ads for this for everyone that visits the website. (most sales today take 5-7 interactions/encounters to make the sale)

Google is no longer good but evil lol. As I always say, Google's biggest competitor is SEO and they are coming for it more and more.
    OhhEnnEmm likes this.
    Muu Web Design | Life is awesome!

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    they do this to make more money for their Adwords Express system. Less traffic from GMB equals more users for their ad system since business will have less free business from SEO
    Muu Web Design | Life is awesome!

Remove Ads