Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #

What are the ranking factors of Google?

Hello,

Mention some Google ranking factors which are most essential to follow.

Thank you

Member #
    Liked
    119 times
    There are a lot of people on this site that are experts in this and I am not one of them but will take a stab at it anyway and if I have any incorrect info someone can throw a rotten tomato at me.

1. It is important that a site be responsive.
    2. A site should be secure.
    3. The more inbound links the better.
    4. The longer a site has been in existence the better.
    5. Use of the keyword in a page URL is a plus
    6. Use of the keyword in an H1 Heading is a plus
    7 Use of the keyword in text is a plus. The earlier the better and three times per page is ideal.
    8 About 300 words per page is ideal.
    9 It is better if the information on the page is not a duplicate of information on another site.
    10. Good content that contains useful information is a plus
    11. Use of the keyword in the page title and description is a plus

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    There are no experts in SEO - the target is moving continuously.
    Your list isn't bad turboguy. Numbers 3, 8, 9, and 10 could use a little help.
    3. if they are earned links - link building is dead
    8. as many as it takes to serve your visitor and cover the topic well. I have had tools complain if word count is less than 400 words. I have read others recommend as many as 2000 words ( I question this particular guidance as it feels more like an attempt to manipulate the engines than to serve the visitor). There is no set number.
    9. Unique, high quality information does more than say the same as everyone else. Add value by using your own voice, ideas and opinions.
    10. a requirement!

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
    Oscar Wilde
    Last edited by delstu; Oct 14th, 2018 at 05:30 PM.

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    In order of importance.

1. Links - From Niche Relevant Sites pointing to yours. Doesn't matter if its black hat or white hat, both work. Of course you need to know what you are doing with black hat SEO. You will not rank without links on Google (except for super low competition keywords)
    2. Site Traffic - Having quality content that people frequent to and ranking for keywords gives you authority in Google's eyes. It is a snowball effect. Once you rank for long tail terms and continue creating content, you will start ranking for more and more.
    3. User signals - If you have low bounce rate, lots of pages per session, high time on page, high ctr, and high interaction you will rank for whatever you want and this is the biggest determining factor of whether you rank on top of page one or on the bottom of page 1/2. Also snippets improve ctr from the search results greatly.
    4. On page SEO
    5. Social Signals.

There are literally a 100 + things you can do to rank that will improve your seo.
    Last edited by muuwebdesign; Oct 16th, 2018 at 05:39 PM.
    Muu Web Design | Life is awesome!

Member #
    Liked
    286 times
    That's the thing about SEO; everyone has their own ideas and opinions about best practices.
    I will go so far as to suggest that the most powerful SEO technique is unique, high quality content. This type of content will earn links without any link building at all.Begin with low competition keywords while giving your target audience what they want and rankings will evolve across the board.

Member #
    Google has stated in the past that it uses over 200 ranking factors and they aren't telling anyone what they are. If you read online SEO journals such as searchenginejournal.com, searchengineland.com and moz.com you can pick up a lot of tips.

Remove Ads