Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    One of my clients has a domain registered (with Yahoo :speechless: ) at Melbourne IT. He is listed as the Administrative contact, but does not have access to the domain control panel. I started the transfer with GoDaddy yesterday, because they do not charge you if it is unsuccessful. After approving the transfer (in an e-mail from GoDaddy), the request was submitted to the registry but I haven't received anything from Melbourne IT yet.

After some searching on Google and several other forums, I found that it is difficult to transfer away from Melbourne without having access to their control panel. Does anyone have experience with this? Do I need to call Yahoo?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    http://www.melbourneit.com.au/cc/recover/index

Enter the domain name in there. It will send you a password to the admin contact email, which in turn will allow for you to make any changes to the domain (including removing any REGISTRAR-LOCK options that amy be there. This is very key.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Failed
    The Melbourne IT Registry Key for Domain Name [domain].com was not able to be retrieved. This could be due to the Domain Name being managed by a Melbourne IT Reseller. Please contact your Reseller for assistance. If this fails, please go to our help center.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Well at least the error message is straightforward. You're going to have to go to Yahoo! and give them a chance to respond.

If that fails, and it may well:

http://www.melbourneit.com.au/contacts/support.php

You'll have to go this route and hope for the best.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Yahoo tells me to contact Melbourne, and Melbourne tells me to contact Yahoo :angry:

According to GoDaddy, if Melbourne and Yahoo don't do anything in 5 days, the transfer is automatically approved. My client's domain is not in REGISTRAR-LOCK so it looks like I just have to wait. :ermm:

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Aren't they both a pair of lovely companies to deal with? And yeah, just be patient. GoDaddy's process doesn't cost anything if it doesn't work, and it's up to the registrar to contact you.

Member #
    Well, the transfer went though thanks for the help.

Remove Ads