Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: "Free Domains!"

Member #
    Free - yes, but you they won't activiate your account until you have accumulated 100 "points", which you get by referring other people (5 points when they sign up) or when you sign up with advertisers.

Also, the account looks very basic: 5mb of space plus 200mb of traffic per month - definately the beginner package

Member #
    Thats why it's free.

Peace :beard:

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by Delerium
    Free - yes, but you they won't activiate your account until you have accumulated 100 "points", which you get by referring other people (5 points when they sign up) or when you sign up with advertisers.

Also, the account looks very basic: 5mb of space plus 200mb of traffic per month - definately the beginner package
    Pfft, sounds like a pyramid scheme anyway...
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    hmmm... I still say aim for godaddy because they will treat you well. the tech support emails answers to questions right away.

And, I own the domain for 10 years at the prices of only $65!!!!!

if you want a semi-domain get a .tk domain example...
    www.systemor.tk
    Cheers, zionlocke :chinese:
    Links: Zion Creation | Blog

Member #
    i'm angry, cos godaddy put my domain name in the wrong account. They have great customer service, but they can resolve my problem, and it has nothing to do with me. It was to do with their computer system.

kat

http://www.lottotravel.com
    http://www.meetchinawomen.com
    http://www.todaydiscount.com
    http://www.freeadvertisingcontacts.com
    http://www.addworth.com
    http://www.imaginationassociates.com

Member #
    There's no such thing as a free .com or .co.uk domain. If there is i'll eat my ***.

There are some domains which are free such as 00server.com, this offers a free domain but it includes a 0me.com or 00go.com at the end. It's pritty good, this is the one i use because it gives you 20 megs free space and it's easy to upload your pages using the file manager.

The other one i know of is a .cjb domain, this is also free. But it includes a .cjb.net at the end. But i haven't used this so i don't know alot about it.

Right now i'm trying to get a .tk domain, this was probally the best one as it doesn't add the extra un-wanted .blah.tk at the end. The only problem is that i can't get through to the site. I think the server is down on that one. But a .tk domain is a good one to choose if you want it free. They also offer .tv but i think you have to pay a small fee for it.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    .tk is unprofessional IMO but of course you get what you way for.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

JR
    Member #
    well it depends what you want it for, it is good for a personal site etc.
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    They're also not bad if you want to set something up for an email-only account and not have to pay for a regular .com/.net/.org/.(country) registration (I've got a client who does this and it works fine for him.)
    There's no such thing as a free .com or .co.uk domain. If there is i'll eat my ***.
    Interesting visual, isn't it? Now, about the comment. In the standalone sense, you are correct. However, there are hosting companies that will offer domain registration as part of their service package if you go with them on a mid-to-long-term contract, thus making the domain name in a sense "free" for the duration of the contract. So I guess it depends on how you look at it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    If you have PayPal, I've had a great experience (better than GD) with www.tosdomains.net. They're $8.88/year.

(I realize that this post is old, I'm just leaving this for future reference.)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads