Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I need help to find a hosting company for a small business, here is what I need:

>25 megs of space
    >3gigs of bandwidth (unmetered is what we used to have... so I am unsure really)
    ftp support
    pop3/smtp (at least one email address something@domain.com)
    reliable
    cost around $10/month including domain registration (allowances can be made)
    needs to have a money back garuntee (30 days or so)

Mainly I just need a cheap all in one package that is reliable

if this is even possible I would love to hear your reccomendations

Thank you for even taking the time to read this post :-)

-Chris

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    http://www.hostingmatters.com/ 's B500 has 35 MB/3 GB with a money-back guarantee. There's also http://www.venturesonline.com/hosting/v50.html but I don't recall their guarantee.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Welcome to the board, tyopyt!

Even though you've probably already figured this out by now, "unmetered/*********" bandwidth/space doesn't exist. So avoid those plans where and when possible.

Having said that, the guys I use are in your price range and extremely reliable. They can be found here:

http://www.sectorlink.com/

I use them for myself and my clients (most of them.)
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    (side note: the asterisks say "unlimited")
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    * laughs * Hey filburt, didn't realize you censored that word.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    yeah i have heard about the restrictions that many pose on unmetered bandwidth and such but I was just including that because I was unsure how much I really need...
    3gigs is probably enough for me though :-)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    3 gigs is a lot of traffic. As high-traffic as the sites I do are, only 3 of them ever approach those numbers (then again, I'm picky about image optimization.)

Member #
    thanks, the only reason I think that 3gb is what I need is beecause of the high volume of email... many 2mb files are transfered and sent out to clients....
    but that still be be over 1000 people and that is way more than there has ever been total so yeah 1gb of bandwidth would probably cover us no sweat :-)

Member #
    Hey! May I recommend Host Rocket? (http://www.hostrocket.com)
    I use them and they're great. Their Economy Special plan is $9.95 a month and you can get 750 MB of space, 37 G bandwidth and all of the goodies. They're very reliable and have excellent customer service as well. I've yet to have problems. All of that space will be enough in case your business grows larger or something.
    The hardest thing about the world is to live in it. (Buffy).

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    HostRocket's been getting ripped to shreds lately over at WHT , although at least some of it is unjustified and 95% of hosts seem to get bashed there these days. Just a thought, because sometimes hosting companies can take a left turn.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads