Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    OK. I am thinking about offering hosting to my client s- not as a full business, just as a little thing on the side. I'd make a new site and stuff for it and anybody could use it - not just my clients.

But what I'd like to know is, is it worth it? I mean, from www.4uhosting.co.uk , you can get a package with:

- Unlimited Space
    - Unlimited Bandwidth
    - Unlimited Domains

You can customize your own packages and everything. This is 50 per month. Here's the link:

http://www.4uhosting.co.uk/resellerhosting.html

Now, to me, 50 a month is a lot (I'm sure to all you richer folks it's not). But, if I offered hosting, I'd only need like 5 people, paying 10 a month to pay for the hosting. I'd probably get more obviously.

So is it worth me getting this reseller hosting to start a kinda hosting company until I can afford to buy/rent my own servers?

I hope you can answer my question, thanks in advance, will7.
    Rednerve
    Creative Freelance Design

Member #
    Charging 10 a month for hosting is quite a lot, what features would you have that a host at 5 a month doesn't? Also don't forget that that 50 is subject to 17.5% VAT. (That makes it 58.75)

Also note that their reseller hosting is Linux so ASP etc isn't included.

It is worth it if you can guarantee that you will always have a minimum of about 10 customers hosted on it all the time, that way you will be able to cover the costs. Think about it and work out whether you will make a profit from it just yet? How about charging them a small fee to set them hosting up on a cheap hosting plan from a host?
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    * shakes his head *

The "U" word rears its ugly head yet again.

So, for the benefit of those with flash photography...

Unlimited bandwidth does not exist.
    Unlimited space does not exist.

99% of the hosts that offer this either cripple their businesses severely or disappear within 3 months.

I'd say reseller hosting in general is a good idea, but not that one. You might as well crawl into bed with a sewer rat.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Rednerve

Member #
    I also found this:

http://www.simplewebhosting.co.uk/reseller.htm

Which one's the best outta them 2?
    Rednerve

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Keep in mind the host doesn't have to be in the UK just because you are. Check out hostingmatters.com and their reseller area.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Wired, I agree with you, but there are too many legal issues that prevent me, personally wanting to go abroad for hosting. Such as the courts and solictors and what have you being able to do nothing about losing money via the credit card or what have you if you get involved with an unreputable firm. I must admit if you go with a repuatable company, such as Hosting Matters or Hostony, then you are unlikely to face these issues.
    justlivyalife - The future depends on what we do in the present. (Mahatma Gandhi)
    WDF Resources: WDF Rules
    Non-WDF: JavascriptSource | Dynamic Drive | phpBB | HTML-Kit | Winamp | Download Firefox | Morguefile

Member #
    Yeah, but I don't have any dollars lol.
    Rednerve

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by will7
    Yeah, but I don't have any dollars lol.
    Thats what credit cards are for :cheeky:

Member #
    I guess. I only have solo....will that work?
    Rednerve

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads