Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello, my name is Josh. Currently, i'm designing a personnal website as my learning style. How to publish my website on internet so that i can know how it really work, how fast it can load and so on. Please, i need someone help by showing step.

Thanks

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    you'll need a webhost... free (geocities, etc) or paid. once you have that you can upload your pages to the server and see them online.

if i were you i'd start with a free webhost... there are tons out there and go from there

hth
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    You going to have to start with a webhost. Have you got one? Then we can go from here.

Member #
    Ok, looks like Im abit late with my post....

Member #
    I don't understand what happen there !

Ok, i have try out the "Geocities.com" under the free web hosting. I did upload all my html file and all my jpg files one by one. BUT i just don't understand the domain name that i am going to use?

Beside that, do i need to rename my first page file name as "home.html" to "index.html" as what it ask me to do for????

Can i use my own URL name example (http://xxx.myownname.xxx),so that i can choose a nice name for my website, can i do that, if can how??

Member #
    Liked
    8 times
    the reason they ask you to change your home to index it's coz you don't have to type index in location bar when going to a site... kinda like when you go to www.google.com it directly goes to www.google.com/index.xxx ... index is the servers' default page. some have it set to default.xxx, some home.xxx but the most common is index.xxx

with geocities you can't do a www.myowndomain.com you have to use geocities' username.geocities.com i think it is.

if you want to use your own domain name you hav to buy the domain and get a paid hosting and then change the ip of the domain to point to the new servers.
    [a web design portfolio - Currently NOT AVAILABLE for work | web design | Re-coding | PSD-to-HTML]
    I'm also on: virb - facebook - twitter - flickr - del.icio.us

Member #
    Thanks For Your Help !

Well, i think everything should ok now. After spend few hours trying it, finally i have my website upload already. and it need me to type www.geocities.com/xxxxxxxx in order to go to my website. Never mine, as it is free. Thanks for your kindness!!

Member #
    i use geocities its geocities.com/username/nameofsite.html

Remove Ads