Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

View Poll Results: Who would you recommend as a webhost based on your experiences and reviews?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lunarpages

2 100.00%
  • DreamHost

0 0%
    Member #
    After a week of researching and carefully reviewing several webhosts, I have decided to make a choice to choose one of the following as a webhost for a beginning small-business site. I have already registered the domain, and I need to choose one of the following. Both have it's strong points, but notably these stand out the most (both have been hosting 60,000+ sites):

lunarpages.com
    -mzima network (?)
    -decent bandwidth and storage
    -lots of positive reviews and feedback
    -amazing customer support
    -favored by many (reliable?)

dreamhost.com
    -L3 network (?)
    -more bandwidth and storage
    -extra free features (many) including domains and such
    -long history, company's been around since 1997
    -$10 for the whole first year promo deal (maybe too good to be reliable?)

To be honest, the choice to choose between these two have been a hard one as it's been constantly in my mind. I am attracted to LP's positive database, but at the same time, my friend uses DH and is very satisfied about it. But, I need a final decision by the people who either have had both or one of these webhosts... I just need some more reviews and further analysis. I am really looking to compare these two indepthly in terms of: server performance, reliability, overall the best? (very important), what stands these two webhosts out the most -- so that I can choose my choice wisely. I am planning to create my first website for a small business company, and I want to keep the website for as long as possible as long as the webhost is stable -- I guess, this is where the reliability factor comes into play, but I also want a webhost that is overall well-rounded and recommended highly. I don't know anything about the underlying structures of LP or DH, so I must ask the people here for their experiences and knowledge on either of these hosts...What do you guys think?

Member #
    I know this is an older topic, but I think if you've already narrowed it down to 2 choices (both being great hosts), then it just comes down to just *picking* one.

You can't go wrong with either of them, so just pick one and get started.

Getting a host and switching hosts is almost nothing these days. It only takes a few minutes to transfer files over if you end up not liking one or the other.

You've narrowed it down to 2 good hosts that aren't going anywhere. Both are reliable, it would be counter productive to over-analyze it at this point. Just jump in and get your site going

If you were trying to choose between lunarpages and some small reseller host or between dreamhost and a budget webhost, it would be easier to give advice on "the best".

Between the 2 choices you have, you should be happy with either choice years from now.

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Dreamhost hands down. I have heard nothing but excellent things about them. Never heard of Lunar pages before.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    captainmedia this isn't the place to offer your services!

I would strongly recommend lunarpages.com, they offer fantastic services and I have a few friends with them! On the other hand dreamhost have, as you say been around for years. Both are solid and you won't be let down!
    TALKFREELANCE.COM

Over 1,700 members and growing!

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    He was banned almost 2 weeks ago.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Remove Ads