Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: 1and1.com

Member #
    Liked
    138 times
    Wondering what you guys think of them. Friend's looking into hosting from them and I may look into them as well. If you have them, please mention if you have Linux Hosting, MS Hosting, or a server there.

NO REFERENCE IDS. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I had a look at their packages. The 1st thing I always look for is price. Too low - I get out of there. Its a scam
    Too high - I also get out of there. Who do they think they are?

But their prices seem to be inline with most of the popular hosts out there. So they have 1 point from me.

Regarding the features; another point. Theres the standard stuff, but their are quite a few extra's that I like.

So thats 2++ from me :classic:

Wired, why not ask them for a free 5 or 10 day trial? Im sure they wont mind...

Member #
    I can't tell you anything directly about their hosting service itself, but I did get my domain through them (.co.uk) version of their site mind you. Their print advertsiing works its way into many of the magazines I buy, so you could interpret that as a sign of credability/dedication.

Member #
    I have heard they are good. I know they put a lot of money into it all and have some pretty neat 1and1 applications. I think they are one of the leading host porviders in the UK maybe worldwide? I don't know. I haven't used them because I can get better prices, but I imagine the service is second to none.

Member #
    They did win the a Future UK Internet Award for 'Best Business Web Host', if that means anything to anyone.

Remove Ads