Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    looking for a good host with features like brinkster has:

ASP
    MySQL

also I want to be able to use my domain name with it (the domain name has already been purchased).

preferably not too expensive.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's an odd combination since MySQL is primarily used by PHP and on Linux boxes. Of course, you could get a host that offers the ChiliSoft ASP but that's not anywhere near as powerful.

Do you have Access? If you have Access and you know how to code ASP for speed then you can use it instead of MySQL and get the same, if not better results. You'll also find a lot more hosts that support ASP and Access.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    ye i didnt mean MySQL i dont need that. I just need to be able to use ASP and access databases with it.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Ahhhh okay. That makes sense.

My own personal recommendation would be Sectorlink. They offer ASP with some additional bells and whistles if you need them (ASPUpload and the highly underrated ASPTear among others) and Access. I use them for my own company site and for all of my clients (when they let me pick that is).
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    sectorlink looks good. Which package do u recommend?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Depends on what you want to do with your site. If you plan on keeping it as graphically minimal as it is (nothing wrong with that by the way) and you don't need a lot of resource or bandwidth, use the $6.99 package. If it's a case where you want to do more, use a higher package. You can always upgrade too as your site grows, so my attitude is start small and let the site grow and take shape.

Member #
    too bias...don't spam
    Carl
    Pipe Ten Ltd
    http://www.pipeten.com - A fresh aproach to web hosting...

Member #
    don't spam

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You cannot post offers in this forum!
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Now thats what I call speedy moderation
    Carl
    Pipe Ten Ltd
    http://www.pipeten.com - A fresh aproach to web hosting...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads