Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Domain?!?!?

Member #
    I was wondering. at the moment i have one of those .tk and it's driving me crazy. So i was wondering if i buy a domain name but have it hosted somewhere else, will i still get www.mysite.com and then get www.mysite.com/index and similar parts like that?

At the moment .tk is just like a cd cover for my site so i dont get any links. it makes it annoying on search engines.

~cheers, dan

Member #
    I dont understand your question, ?
    Adept Web Solutions
    www.adept-web.com

Member #
    I think he is wondering if it will just be one hosted page (index.html) that would then have a frame going to his host. The method depends on the host, but most places will just give you a nameserver to point to, and then you can upload stuff to the root (eg. www.domain.com/folder/image.jpg) like a regular domain. This is different than .tk's frame method.

Edit: I turned off link parser but it still parses it Anyway, thats a fake example link

Member #
    Yeah thats what i meant fallout. ok, i will buy a domain eventually.

Remove Ads