Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Thread: Ressler Hosting

Member #
    I am looking for a good reseller hosting account???

maybe 10 domains and not much bandwidth

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    I would urge caution with the "not much bandwidth" criteria... you need to check the small print very carefully...

Remember: it only takes somebody to do a DOS (Denial of Service) attack on your site and suddenly huge amounts of bandwidth can be used...

...and many providers who limit bandwidth charge a lot of money if you exceed that. You can say to them "but I was attacked", but they may not actually care... they'll quite happily "fine" you, often by significantly more than you were actually paying per month for the service (!)

If you are going to go down that road, then make sure it's a provider who switches off your site when the bandwidth is exceeded, rather than one who charges per megabyte excess...

Sean

Member #
    I am a developer with a dedicated server who has, over time, gotten into hosting. I am new here, so I want to be careful about etiquette. Am I allowed to share information about what I can offer in a case like this when someone is asking, or at least looking for it?

Member #
    I'll reply to myself. No its not ok. I was just kindly PM'ed about the policy.

If I were you, foodbiz, and what I have done in the past, was go to a site like hostsearch.com and do an advanced search on what it is you're looking for. You may find a good fit! :-)

Member #
    Thanks for the info! I just got setup...

Member #
    cool. :-)

who did you end up going with?

Member #
    btw, I just checked out your auto parts site. Looks awesome. What is that in? wws extensions?

Member #
    some company called neomedia I had to make a choice fast and since they are month to month I figured I just do it!

Remove Ads