Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have a website with two languages, english and spanish with two indexes, one index.html.en and the other index.html.es. My problem is that Apache doesn't display index.html.en as the defult page it only show an Index of my site with all my files. Ex. http://www.brianleiter.com/

How do I make it display the certian index page based on the language.

Member #
    all web servers take index.html as the default page of each subdirectory. besides, index.html.en will be taken as a file with an extension .en and the file name index.html. i suggest u create a page called index.html with 2 choices, either english or spanish. then ure next few files should be called index.en.html rather than index.html.en, because the os will look at it as a different file format. for example, if u make a file index.html.txt, the os will think it is a text file rather than a html file.
    Hyperair

Remove Ads