Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Banned
    Member #
    dude their deals look too good to be true im wondering if its a scam of some sort, i looked into the support section and they give live support by aim! if this isnt a scam then im a happy man. so has anyone tried them out or something?

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    These guys? http://www.c-n-5.net/index2.html ?

Their low end prices are insanely low but their mid-end prices seem right.

Their HTML sucks, they have about 50 spacer images in a row.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Banned
    Member #
    yes those guys, what do you mean by html sucks, 50 spacer images? and im planning on buying their large plan, do u think i should?

Banned
    Member #
    how is the mid range about right? ive looked around and this was by far better then anywhere else heres a comparison of it to hosting matters for the same price
    B500 /35 MB/3000MB/20/$8.00 :hostingmatters 8 dollar plan
    large/600mb/12000mb/unlimited/$7.00: cn5
    maybe i made a mistake? it sounds too good a price to be true.

Member #
    I've never used them, but:

1) For mid-range packages ($7/month), I recommend www.ipowerweb.com. They give you 30GB/bw for $7.95, and in my experience they actually give you that much and don't mysteriously delete your account. On the other hand, cn5 looks great for low-range hosting. You may also want to check out www.jiffynet.net for either low or mid range packages.

2) Having an AIM address doesn't mean they use it. I checked and neither cn5netsupport nor crazynumber5 were logged on. Expect this from most hosts.

Banned
    Member #
    umm actusally they do use it i was talking to crazy for an hour he was a nice guy....

Member #
    hmm . . . maybe because it was 9pm PST when I looked . . .

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    LOL @ 50 Spacer Images !!!

I actually just looked at the HTML of that page... sheesh !!!

I think most people would use the <col> element these days to achieve what they're trying to do, although any decent designer would just use nested tables.

What it looks like is that they've got one huge table with everything in it, split into about 50 columns and as many rows, with all their information in it. In doing so, they require a row at the end of the table with each cell explicitly defined, and a spacer image of the cell's minimum width inside it. This is because there are too many colspans and rowspans in the HUGE table that they're using, and if they didn't include that last row, the browser would get confused as to how it's supposed to display it.

Anyhow, don't bother looking at the source. Just take my word on it... it's bad.

Use nested tables.

cn5
    Member #
    Why don't you just personally e-mail me and tell me the problem? It's simple. Get to know us, try e-mailing us. Soon we will be online much more often. We offer a 1-day e-mail garentee that we will personally e-mail you back within 1 day. You have nothing to lose, you just send the e-mail and say hey, you should use nested tables. Then you click send. Now the it's all over, instead of slandering the good name of my company.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    No advertising.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads