Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have tried to cover many aspects of hosting in my recent article at
    http://www.binarytrends.com/article_details/11/Choose-a-hosting-package.-How-confusing-!!
    I hope it will help. I also need someone to give me feed back on it. So if you fancy doing so please do.

Member #
    Good article. Only comments are that there really isn't any such thing as an uptime guarentee. It's almost impossible to disprove any figure they decide to put on their site. There are so many factors that could cause a site to go down including the visitors ISP being at fault.

What is important is a good means of contacting the host. Do they have telephone support, email support, how long do they take to respond to requests etc.

I'd also stay away from any host promissing unlimited disk space. Unless someones invented the unlimited disk drive that costs nothing to buy that is :-)
    Paul Creedy
    Visit my community site at: www.rhonddacynontaff.com
    My hosting: www.rcthosting.com
    My Content Management product: www.dynamiccontenteditor.com

Member #
    I have added this fact to the article

Quote Originally Posted by Mr C
    Good article. Only comments are that there really isn't any such thing as an uptime guarentee. It's almost impossible to disprove any figure they decide to put on their site. There are so many factors that could cause a site to go down including the visitors ISP being at fault.

What is important is a good means of contacting the host. Do they have telephone support, email support, how long do they take to respond to requests etc.

I'd also stay away from any host promissing unlimited disk space. Unless someones invented the unlimited disk drive that costs nothing to buy that is :-)
    Thanks Paul,
    I've added this to the article now.
    Shahid

Member #
    Good article

Daily backups. Most good hosts do this for their own uses. eg. If they server goes belly up, they can restore it. Not many will restore something that the user accidently lost themselves. Those that do, will charge you for the privilege of restoring the data that you lost yourself. Far better to make backups of your own data, not rely on the host.
    Paul Creedy

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by shahid_146
    Thanks Paul,
    I've added this to the article now.
    Shahid
    Cheers for the quote in your article :-)
    Paul Creedy

Remove Ads