Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Member #
    My recommendation for a cheap and a good host is www.worldhosters.net.Try them because you have the chance to try them for 15 days.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Are you affiliated with them?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Thanks guys,
    I had a talk with our Branch President and others about our site needs, did some research on some companies, and they all decided to go with a host called www.uzipp.com
    They are very quick in their email responses, and very helpfull too. We went with the 400MB package. This should do us for this year. With all the pictures I'm setting up for about our Cadets, I might have to upgrade by next year, but if I have to, at least I can.
    What do you think of my site design?
    I don't get paid for this at all, and I don't make anything from the ads on the site. either. The ads actually help pay for the site and domain name. Anything extra we make goes right back into the cadets.
    (I hope this is not seen as pushing any business here in the forum, Fiburt1 I am just proud of our cadets, My wife and I used to be one. and now we volunteer our time to help out the organization.)
    Caution, some links are still down, I'm still transfering everything over from our .com site.
    www.navyleaguesudbury.ca

Member #
    I'll give you a few first impressions of the site, if you want a full critique from members, it should prob be posted in the design forum.

1. White text on a black background is the hardest on the eyes to read.
    2. The emblems/seals you have at the top of the page I'm guessing are on their own layer or something, because the one on the right is overlapping the text you have.
    3. The site doesn't have much structure, it's just information typed all the way across. Try breaking the information up into chunks, using multiple rowns and colums.
    4. The navigation at the bottom is small and hard to read (didn't even notice it at first) and the bottom isn't a good place for your navigation, I'd put that above most of the text you have.

Didn't mean to tear it apart, I think what you're doing is very generous, so anything you do is beyond expectations. But design wise, it has a ways to go.

JR
    Member #
    wow www.uzipp.com is great value for money, you get loads for what you pay for. Wish i had saw that before i bought my domain
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    splufdaddy,
    Thanks for the gerneral info about my site, All help is appreaciated. Yes the crest in the background is actually part of the background pic. that I designed. I see what changes I can make today after I get all the site up in full,

Sewolf

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads