Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm looking into starting a freelance business. Any ideas on where I should get good, reliable, cost effective web hosting for my clients? The local places around here charge 30 bucks, but I think I can find them a better deal on the Internet. Do freelancers buy web hosting and resell it at retail?

I get hosting through LunarPages.com and haven't had a problem with it so far, but yet I've only had it a month.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Sectorlink is who I use for hosting. I find the service very stable and reliable. The prices are pretty reasonable for what they offer as well, even before you get into the reseller discount.

As far as "retail" web hosting, there really isn't such an animal, since all web hosts are not created equal and thus there is a very wide spectrum of features and price. This is why I assess client needs on an individual basis and pick out what I think is best for them. It saves them a ton of money (since the only companies they know all want a big chunk of coin for very little), I know what I'm dealing with as far as a hosting company is concerned, and I make a few ducats in the process.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    For my hosting i use
    I host my site with it and
    http://www.primenet.cc

The main reason i like it is because they always keep their system up to date with the newest software etc. Also a big plus for that they support ASP on Linux machines and hosting is pretty cheap.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Someone got carried away with the Adobe PhotoShop "stroke" effect. It also looks like they're cheap because they're possibly Rackshack resellers. I'm not saying that reselling Rackshack is a bad thing, since for budget dedicated boxes it doesn't get any better: I'm just saying I recognize the bandwidth display script as something of theirs, IIRC. The Houston, Texas-based IP seems to be an indicator as well.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Heh i hate their site too. They could've done better, but still its a reliable host. Very fust support and i didn;t have any problems with it yet.

Member #
    I use 76Hosting.com. It has cheap prices and excellent support. (24 hour email based and online 1-4 hours a day). Also they care about the uptime and my Website was down only for 2 days in 2 years I am hosted on them. Highly Suggested !!!
    - Webmaster's Planet . Greek Vortal For Webmasters ...
    - MyPortFolio - View My Creations

JR
    Member #
    the best site i have seen while on here is http://www.uzipp.com although i have never had any hosting there, the site looks ok so i doubt the host are bad. The others might have some thoughts on that though
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Always Web Hosting is my favourite hosting site, strictly because of the one link at the bottom of the page (when you guys find it, you'll know. )

Remove Ads