Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Although we are offering/using all the 3 support methods (Live Chat, Phone Support and Ticket/email system) because they hase their own importance in different Eyes. But in Hosting Business one must look for more than one support systems. Because, every client appreciate quick/fast and continuose support as an when required by them.

Live Support - Will sereve to get answers for Pre-Sales question or matters which is very urgent.

Phone Support Admired by people for instant problem solving; but not a satisfactory method for Technical Support.

Email/Ticket System - It is a best support system to provide Tech-support and solve descriptive issue. If maintained by the minimum response time.

Although presently most companies are considering Live Chat and Ticket system as effective Support system.

What you like to have??

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    They are all necessary IMHO.

BTW,
    Phones - for people who want human contact, regardless of anything else

Personally, I use chat and phone w/ Dell often at work. Chat sometimes because I can just cut and paste the stuff in (90% of the time it's the same issue with the same model of PCs). Chat's also good when we already know the answer and have proven why it's the answer, we just need the tech to come out (yeah, we're too lazy / busy to do it ourselves lol). Phone's good for when a bit of troubleshooting is needed. Email isn't guaranteed to be that fast, albeit chat can be damn slow, especially when you don't know what they're doing in the background (they're usually chatting with more than one person at a time I think).

Now relating this to hosting, emails would be good for general questions / troubleshooting / patient people. Phones are good for human contact and quicker responses (you KNOW someone's working on it then). Chat's kind of a middle ground.

With my web host, I use email / ticket system all the time. Why? Because I've gotten replies within a couple of minutes at 2 AM However, I don't think they've got chat or phones, nothing that I've seen on their website though.

They do have an option you haven't mentioned though. It's a bit of a mix between ticket system and a chat system: A FORUM.

Multiple forums are there just for tech support, and some have ticket system add-ons you can use for free / purchase from the coder.

Example: House of Help (in my sig). Corsair has a sub forum of it that they use as part of their tech support options. They also have phone and email support, as well as an automated troubleshooting web site. They don't have a ticket system built into their area of the forums, although their back end for their ticket system is a bit unique.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Live chat, Phone support, ticket or mail support system all are required and has its importance for particular purposes. The preferance for these systems depends on the issue requisites.
    IMO, the only availability of these systems will not work. Customers needs reliable and reputed support system and it should be 24/7 as well. I think quality and professional support with good responce time is the way by which customer will get satisfied. You should also offer 30 days free trial or money back guarantee.
    eTechDesigns.net
    AIM : etecdesigns || Yahoo : etecdesigns || MSN : sales@eTechDesigns.net
    Total Quality Web Designs and Web Development

Remove Ads