Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    13287
    I need some help with apache!
    I have an RSS feed on my site. When my web-hosting company re-compiles apache on the server, the RSS feed dies! Plus the rest of the site stops loading correctly. There is some error message about dually-defined databases.
    Has anyone ever heard of such a thing? Why was this not an issue until the server was re-compiled? I know this is the problem, because we have moved the site to 3 different servers that have not been re-compiled, and have had a perfectly functioning site. Also, I have now commented out the RSS feed portion of the site, and things work fine. Now it is time to come up with a permanent solution. Please help!!

  2.  

  3. #2
    Senior Member filburt1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Maryland, US
    Posts
    11,774
    Member #
    3
    Liked
    21 times
    What generates the RSS feed? Apache should have nothing to do with it...in fact, running IIS wouldn't break it either. So long as the RSS feed contains valid XML that matches the RSS DTD and it sends a "text/xml" or, more rarely, "application/rss+xml" HTTP header, it should work.

    So I know that's both confusing and pointless, so to repeat: how is your feed generated?
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

  4. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    13287
    Thanks for the help. Our feed is generated using RSS Equalizer. Their site is at http://www.rssequalizer.com/. We are including the feed into an SMF forum. There seems to be an overlap in function declarations in RSSE and SMF. The initial error complained "cannot redeclare db_query()...". This implies both RSSE and SMF are using a function by this name; however, even when manually changing or modifying the function name in SMF, the page will still not load, but the error message disappears.

  5. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    13
    Member #
    13287
    Unfortunately, nobody seems to know anything about this issue. My best guess is some sort of incompatibility between RSSE and SMF. I simply removed RSSE, and moved on. :ermm:


Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:41 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.3
Copyright © 2019 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Skin By: PurevB.com