Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    hi everyone, im new here, and i need some help. i have a photo website through freewebs.com. i designed it and coded it and all that. i wanted to get a domain name since i want to take up photography as a career. i bought a domain through godaddy, and now its going all template-ish on me. i was thinking i could just buy it and have some redirection or something. you know what i mean? im happy with the way my original website is designed, but i cant find a way to put the html on the godaddy part. i feel like ive been ripped off. please help.
    thanks

-Mark

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    You will need to get hosting, either through GoDaddy (not recommended) or a legitimate host. The one I use for this site, http://www.hostmatters.com/web_hosting.html , has plans starting at $6 per month and are quite reliable with good support. When you buy hosting, you update your domain's DNS servers to the ones your new host will provide for you, and then you never have to touch the domain again unless you want to renew it.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Remove Ads