Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: I need a host!

Member #
    I need a good reliable host, that host host my main site, and succsefully run a vbulletin. I need a host that never goes down (like the one this board uses). I want it to be very fast(like the one this board uses), and I'm searching for a price range of $10 a month, bending it is ok. I need it to have:

LOTS of bandwidth
    bout 500mb disk space
    it needs to pretty much have everything good you can get for $10
    IT NEEDS TO HAVE THE CAPIBILITY TO RUN A VB, THAT MEANS PHP, MYSQL, AND FTP ACCESS!!!!

Thanks for your help guys. I really appreciate it. Please gimme a couple options, I need a good host!

JR
    Member #
    www.uzipp.com - never used them though
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    For vB you need to have SSH as well to reliably back up the database. Ability to run cron jobs helps a lot in that respect, too.

Here I use http://www.hostmatters.com/ . Always fast except for crappy routing that I used to, but don't anymore, get, and when server load skyrockets due to another site suddenly getting an explosion of traffic.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    i use www.xenonhosts.com they are good but they have been down for a while if you go to the forums and talk to them thorugh aim they will hook you up tell them james sent you...talk to pete.
    http://www.macorastudios.com

Member #
    i am using www.nexpoint.net They are very good for the price and the feature that they are offering. I jsut bought another one like 2 days ago. Its like 99 dollars annually ( its about $8.25/month). The total comes out to 150 because they charge 50 dollars for setup. But, I do have a promo code that you can waive the setup charge (took me a while to find it). PM or email me if you are interested. They are offering a plan called "win2000" you should check it out. Im not sure what you are looking for but the plan i used contains the following:

Plan Estimates

Web Pages: 250 - 500
    Monthly Page Views: 10,000
    Target Web Site: Small Business

Account Features

500 MB Web Space
    Unmetered Monthly Transfer
    Same Day Setup
    E-Mail Control Panel
    Free Domain Registration*
    Pricing Details:

Setup Fee: $50.00 ( i have promo code to waive that fee)
    1-Month Term: $14.95/month
    3-Month Term: $12.95/month
    12-Month Term $8.25/month

E-Mail Features
    Unlimited E-Mail Accounts
    Unlimited Aliases
    Mailing Lists
    POP3, IMAP, SMTP supported

Database Features:
    MS Excel, Access 2002 Support
    Unlimited ODBC Data Sources
    ODBC Connectivity
    50MB SQL Server 2000 ($25/year)

Windows 2000 Servers Feature:
    Each feature comes standard with "Windows 2000" servers.

Scripting Languages
    Cold Fusion 5
    Active Server Pages 3.0
    VBScript, PerlScript
    PHP 4.1.2
    CGI / Perl 5.00503
    Server Side Includes (.shtml)

Advanced Features
    Custom Mime Types
    Custom Error Pages
    Site Statistics or Raw Logs
    Password Protected Directories
    SSL Secure Server

Web Site Development
    FrontPage 2002 Extensions
    FrontPage / InterDev
    Macromedia UltraDev
    Macromedia Dreamweaver
    Macromedia Flash / Shockwave

Protective Features
    30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    99.9% Server Uptime
    SONET Fiber Optic Backbone
    Daily Backups
    UPS Power Failure Protection

i hope this help you narrow down what you looking for. Any question jsut contact me

Member #
    Are you affiliated with nexpoint?

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Yeah, are you? Because that doesn't look like a copy and paste job to me. That looks like someone took the time to type it.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    It also looks very suspicious that the website in your profile has a domain registered in Nexpoint Technologies' name, although they do offer "free" domains so this might be a catch. I am going to be fair and give you an opportunity to explain yourself and your post though.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Originally posted by l2adius
    i am using www.nexpoint.net They are very good for the price and the feature that they are offering. I jsut bought another one like 2 days ago.
    I am not affliated with them nor im advertisin for them. I just suppling information. Like i said above, i am using nexpoint so obviously i have a domain name that register by them. They DO offer the free domain name (package special) so there's no catch i just bought 2 day. Also, the information above about the feature were all copy and paste. I hope this answer any of your uncertainties. And can you blame me? i was bored in 3 oclock in the morning, can't sleep, and i was noobin around. hehe =P

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wait till you try to switch a host. You'll find the catch in a hurry since they legally control and own your domain name now. That's why I wasn't 100% convinced you were advertising (in fact, I had half a hunch you were a little naive about the proceedings as it pertains to domain registration.)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads