Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hi Guys and Girls,

I am completely new to PHP / servers - well everything really. I heard about WAMP (which i believe is Windows | Apache | MySQL | PHP) and downloaded the latest version, ive installed it following the instructions.

I want to test all of my sites and files offline on my own server before uploading, but do i need to have my internet switched on to do this?
    My internet is down at the mo / im waiting to get re connected but this will not be till the end of the month. So can i still use a remote local server?

Im such a noob,
    Cheers,
    Edd.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    As long as you can somehow connect to the computer with WAMP on it, you can use it as a local web server.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Hi Wired,

thanks for your input - i actually managed to get this to work last night! Woo Hoo! If i had slowed down and thought about it before i probably would not have had to bother posting on here!

Cheers again.
    Edd.

Remove Ads