Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    JR
    Member #
    i added this new thread so i could put a dollar offer on it

what i need is hosting for a films forum but i have no idea who to go with - as i don't think my host for my web design wouldn't be sufficient.

i started a thread in WHT and recieved loads of adverts - http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showt...threadid=143576

i also considered http://www.uzipp.com but not sure now

my requirements are as follows: -
    • about 50/year or less (aprox $80/year or less)
    • PHP, mySQL, pop3, smtp
    • not too much space needed (about 30-50mb)
    • quite a lot of bandwidth 5gb - 15gb
    • good uptime
    • reasonably good support

thanks
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    http://www.hostmatters.com/ ? Not sure if bandwidth will do though, maybe they can make you a custom plan if they're nice.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Bandwidth == $. I don't think you're going to find too much in your price range myself. Given the size of your site in terms of storage, I don't think you'll need anywhere near that much BW myself, unless you're running downloads or something, which most hosts will hate.

Having said all that, I'd try http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk/hosting.php myself. The owner (Matt) seems like a reasonable guy and he may give you a bit of a break on the hosting on the grounds that you're not using that much storage. You'd have to ask him though. He's in your neck of the woods too!
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    hostmatters and unitedhosting both have good reputations.

One that has a particular edge on cheap bandwidth could be someone like www.dathorn.com

Just be aware that they're not famous for support. You're paying for resources, not for hand-holding there. Or so is my impression. But so long as you know what you are doing with setting up the forum (which would be a forum software company support issue anyway) then you could be okay with them.

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Maybe I'm just spoiled from using HM four a year, but good support is a necessity. Remember, you get what you pay for.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Member #
    Absolutely - too few people realise that. It's the absolute mantra of the hosting industry.

Member #
    I know a few people who have accounts at unitedhosting.co.uk and are very pleased with them. I doubt you will get a 15Gb a month for only 50 a year United hostings bronze package is 60 a year for 5GB so it may be worth looking at that or as the 'TheGAME' says and ask for a custom package.
    -Charley
    ThisIsHosting.net - The Ideal Host

Member #
    www.alphaomegahosting.com would probably have what you need.

500 megs of space and 10 gigs of bandwith per month for $10. I've used them before, and the customer support is really good, and they've never gone down in the six months that I've been using them.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Originally posted by WoodWorker
    ... so it may be worth looking at that or as the 'TheGAME' says and ask for a custom package.
    And with that, my legend and ego grow to the point where I become a major jackass and **** everyone off by offering my overvalued opinions whenever they're not necessary.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    JR, check this out for a great deal(I am hosted with thim right now):

http://www.totalchoicehosting.com/

I am on the Silver Plan which includes the following:

500MB space
    10GB bandwidth/month
    PHP, SQL, etc.

They have super-fast servers, have not been down one time since I've been with them, and their Support Forums have Admins/Mods active everyday(and with IM programs) for constant support.

They are the best host I have ever used, and for the price(approx. $55 USD/year), they provide unbeatable support.

Hope this helps!

-y2k-

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads