Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,
    I am planning to begin a service through which I will build websites for multple people. I want to be able to give each customer a domain name of their choice (if available) and hosting services along with the website.
    What's the best way of doing this? I will need a hosting plan that will host all these sites.
    I was doing some research and reseller hosting seems to fit the bill. As per my understanding, If I buy reseller plan, then I can host abc.com, bcd.com, cde.com etc. under same plan, with each site getting it's own cotrol pannel and email and other things. Is my understanding correct? Is there any other/better/economical/simpler option?

Thanks!

Member #
    That is how reseller hosting works but as I'm in a bit of a pickle with my reseller host I'm not the best one to advise you on whether that is the best way to go.

You do have the concept down though.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

Member #
    Yep, you have the idea. The hard part is finding a good web host that has a good reseller plan.
    You want to look for a company that gives you control, gives the customer the ability to make changes, good reseller benefits, and good customer service. Price is an issue, but based on how cheap plans are these days, it is more important to look for the things that are going to be more important to you (and the customer).

It is ambiguous at best to say which company is better than another. Best thing to do is research.
    Get your list of needs, write them down and then contact each reseller you are looking at and see who gives you the most bang for your buck on your checklist.

Good luck......
    GMan

Member #
    Liked
    4 times
    You don't need a reseller account just host multiple websites.

For example I use Pipe 10 and you can hosting multiple websites on their normal shared hosting packages

They also have reseller acounts but I understand the main difference is that you get individual control panels to give to your customers so they can manage their hosting themselves. They can still host multiple sites within these though if needed.

Remove Ads