Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I may have a potentially serious problem with my reseller provider, or I may just be over-reacting to something I don't fully understand.

My partner and I have recently started a web design company and we also operate as a value added reseller.

We chose a company called HostNine as our reseller provider and selected their midlevel plan. So far we have been satisfied with them, not really wowed but satisfied.

We have a potential client opportunity that sprung up on us before we were 100% squared away and tonight we were sorting out how to structure and price our webhosting pacakges.

Well, we just had a "wait a minute" moment. We have realised (a little late) that we are paying $30/month for a reseller account that only includes 150GB of Space and 150 Gb of Bandwidth. Now perhaps I just don't understand how reselling works but when I can get 200GB of Space and 2000GB of transfer from places like Yahoo for $6.95/month why should anyone host with us?

Our potential client is a high-traffic site and we need to knwo we can support them.

Can someone please give me some guidance on Reseller Hosting? Are we just missing something or do we need to drop these guys?
    Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    either your numbers are off, or there are better deals out there.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    I saw you mention this in another post. Yes, your numbers are off or you are getting a terrible deal. Though looking at hostnine's website, it looks like you are off a bit with the numbers?

The best thing to do is to contact the company and find out what all you are getting and what is included in your price.
    Use that price and features to shop other hosts. I can think of a couple of decent reseller plans (oneandone and godaddy), though those don't necessarily provide everything you might want from a reseller.

I just think more people should research before jumping at what seems like a good deal. Have a checklist of what you need and go from there.

For my needs, I use a dedicated server. Yours may be different.

Good luck........
    GMan

Member #
    Oh man, we just learned about Media Temple. 2TB of bandwidth anyone?

They have grid servers for 20/month and Dedicated Virtual Servers for 50/month (dedicated adds control panels for reselling).

They start out cheaper and they will scale a lot cheaper from the looks of things.
    Go n-ithe an cat thu is go n-ithe an diabhal an cat.

Remove Ads