Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Soon i will require a host for a site/forum, which i plan to grow in size quite rapidly, so i am looking for a host where upgrading hosting plans and moving data will be easy, does anyone know any hosts which will allow me to do so easily

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    None off the top of my head, but what you can do instead is enable pretty much every feature of your forums, and then progressively lower them until you renew your plan to something more powerful.
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

JR
    Member #
    my host allows this, but they are expensive and are situated in Britain
    JR

Member #
    heh, the problem with my dilema, is that i want to start the hosting off small for starting off, just in case i don't do as well as i hoped and that i don't end up wasting money on a lost cause, but when it does do well, i can upgrade my bandwidth, and eventually move to a dedicated server, and keep going up as the site progresses

Member #
    Many hosts allow you to pay monthly, and not sign a contract. The host I use, Hostony allows for monthly payment, though you do get a discount for paying yearly. Paying monthly seems like the easiest way to do what you want to do: upgrade your plan quickly, or be able to lose the least amount of money possible if it turns out to be a lost cause.

Also, Hosting Matters allows for monthly payment (according to their website) and filburt has spoke highly of them. Hope this helps

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't know if they'll allow forums or not (I've never run forum software on their servers), but I do know that Sectorlink does have quite a few plans and don't lock you in long-term if you don't want to. I've had to upgrade clients a few times now and it's just a matter of contacting support with a ticket saying "upgrade to Y plan from x plan", followed by about a 20-minute wait. Not that bad at all.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Banned
    Member #
    Chronichostingl.com can offer everything you need!

JR
    Member #
    no advertising
    JR

Member #
    Liked
    21 times
    Originally posted by chronichosting
    Chronichostingl.com can offer everything you need!
    What a shame you won't know how to type keys or click a mouse considering you couldn't do either to view the forum rules!

*ba-boom-tish!*
    filburt1, Web Design Forums.net founder
    Site of the Month contest: submit your site or vote for the winner!

Banned
    Member #
    Originally posted by filburt1
    What a shame you won't know how to type keys or click a mouse considering you couldn't do either to view the forum rules!

*ba-boom-tish!*
    lol

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads