Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I'm needing a new hosting service (as anyone trying to view my website would know how horribly slow it is now), this time looks like I'm going international.

My first pick was 1&1, but for some reason they don't have Indonesia on their country selection page (although AFAIK there is no US embargo to Indonesia, as they mention embargoes in the Terms and Conditions), and I've emailed them, but I need a response quick.

My second find was lunarpages, and it looked like it fits the bill. However I've googled it (like I always do before I try something), and found some bad stuff about it. Anyone have any experience with them?

I'm also wondering about the "Free Add-on domain" thingy. I suppose it means we can pay for extra domain names and plug them into our account, not actual free domains, right?

What I'm primarily looking for is cheap but with good enough space and bandwith (features aside from PHP, MySQL, cron, and some statistics would be enough), of course security and service comes next, and mail last. Any suggestions?
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    I have a client with 1&1, and we are both satisfied with the service. You probably won't get a reply for a few hours, since it is 1AM EST.

I have found, that it is always easier to find negative reviews than positive. If someone has a bad experience with a company, they are quicker to blog about it than if they have good service.
    Portfolio | Blog | Twitter

Was my post, or someone elses, helpful? Click the thumbs up to let everyone know!

Member #
    Me too... I've seen a lot of satisfaction with them too. They just replied and apparently Indonesia isn't available. Looks like I need an alternative... But huge space would be deeply appreciated. 1&1's hefty 10GB for the amount of money per month equivalent to 2 days of my allowance gave me a big boost.

PS: This also shows how horrible Indonesia still is in this industry. With about the same price as the $4 package, with my current local (and accepted "best" domestic host), I can get about 300MB space (its a bonus now - usually its about 75MB) and about 3GB bandwidth. 1&1 Provided (literally) a dozen of times the benefit.
    Note on code: If I give code, please note that it is simply sample code to demonstrate an effect. It is not meant to be used as-is; that is the programmer's job. I am not responsible to give you support or be held liable for anything that happens when using my code.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    You can get some good indonesian hostign companies at http://www.webhosting.info/webhosts/tophosts/Country/ID

Hopw it works for you

Remove Ads