Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Hello,

Iíve just set up a local server using XAMPP so I can view some of the PHP pages of my website while I design it. My website has a Flash header that works fine until I view the pages through my local server, for some reason itís not showing Flash. I uploaded the pages to my Blue Host account online just to make sure everything was ok and it worked fine on there.

What must I do to be able to use/see the Flash content on my local server?

Thank you

Ps. Iím using a PC with Vista 32 bit.

Member #
    I have the latest version of Flash installed on my computer too.

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    Could be a sandbox issue or an absolute link issue. Is the Flash file loading anything externally, e.g. an XML data file or another flash file or photo? There are documented issues with that in different environments, and you can resolve the problem with the system security settings and/or development path settings.

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by smoseley
    Could be a sandbox issue or an absolute link issue. Is the Flash file loading anything externally, e.g. an XML data file or another flash file or photo? There are documented issues with that in different environments, and you can resolve the problem with the system security settings and/or development path settings.
    Yes, the Flash file is loading an XML file.

Could you give me a brief overview of what you mean regarding the security settings/development path setting. Just point me in the right direction on where I should be looking.

Cheers Smoseley

Remove Ads