Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    What is a good firewall that I can install on my HyperVM Server? Does anyone have a good tutorial for it?

Member #
    Liked
    136 times
    Depends on a lot of factors. Got any more details about your network / server setup? After you've done some google research, you may want to also ask over on a more IT centric forum, e.g. the Petri forums (I'm one of the admins there).
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com
    Founder/Creator/Admin of ZE SECRET PROJECT!
    New Game: http://www.wats.it
    DWM Software Co. - software . mobile . database . hosting . design

Member #
    Liked
    13 times
    It would mainly depend on what you want the firewall to do, however the most obvious option would be to go with APF or CSF - both are great CentOS compatible firewalls.

As a long-time HyperVM server admin (we used it across 6 servers on our VPS hosting business last year) I would personally recommend against using HyperVM anymore. Simply because the opensource development team have no clear goal and have only managed a handful of fixes in the last year.

If you do need something free, check out Virtualizor - its free and made by the people who made Softaculous.

If you are happy to pay for the software, we now use SolusVM on our servers and are very happy with it.

Hope this helps - keep us posted on what decision you take

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Best will be to get installed CSF on your hypervm node. You can check on their site regarding more details on configserver.com.
    Hosting On Web - A web hosting company.