Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Member #
    I just set up a server on godaddy and I am trying to figure out how I can print to my local printer. The printer did not redirect to the server. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Rob Dalton (Kolea Rentals)

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    I don't understand why you would want to do that. if you set up a server, you set it up for web-based purposes and presumably that means that whatever you'd want to print would be outputted as web pages to your browser on your client machine.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    I own a property managment company and I have my reservation system on a server with godaddy so that it will never go down. I need to print information from that system.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    Wow, that's different. Not bad, but different.

Is it a Windows server? If so, you can use Remote Desktop Connection tab to add your printer as a local resource. Click the "Options >>" button and then click Local Resources to add your printer. You may have to install the driver for the printer on the server as well.

If it's anything else, I'm going to have to check out at this point.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    80 times
    I figured this "Cloud Printing" thing would take off. Sorry , I have nothing more to add.

The Web is evolving once again!!!
    Peace, Mike
    WebHost1-For all your Hosting needs.
    Leenkz.Com-The web starts here! (Blatant use of tables)
    I realllllly need to feel useful, please "like" my signatures!!!! (Button is on the bottom right!)

Member #
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 199183
    Wow, that's different. Not bad, but different.

Is it a Windows server? If so, you can use Remote Desktop Connection tab to add your printer as a local resource. Click the "Options >>" button and then click Local Resources to add your printer. You may have to install the driver for the printer on the server as well.

If it's anything else, I'm going to have to check out at this point.
    Yes, it is a windows server. Currently I log in using Run and then mstsc on the local computer. Once I am logged into the server I can not find the "Options".

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    The button isn't actually on the server itself. It's in Remote Desktop Connection (which I'm guessing is "MSTSC" on your computer).

You'll see the spot to enter the IP of your server, and then underneath buttons that say "Connect", "Cancel", etc. "Options >>" is the one on the right.

Member #
    It seems to only redirect certain printers. The current one I use is a very recent printer so I am wondering if because it is newer it will not redirect since it appears that the server has an older version of windows. Is that possible?

When I go to options and then local devices, printers is checked. I am assuming that is what I needed to do.

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    That's exactly what you needed to do on the client end.

I can't remember for sure on this because it's been about 3 years since I've had to do something like this, but you may also need to set up a share on the printer itself. That would explain the reason you don't see the printer...it can't be seen.

After that, if you still have issues, you can usually download the driver for the server OS from the manufacturer's website and then upload it to your server. Alternatively, you could use a browser within the server itself (probably Chrome because you'd have to disable IE's Enhanced Security Configuration mess that they put on servers) and get it that way.

Member #
    It was already set up for share and I do not think that that was relevant because some of the other older printers that got redirected over to the server were not set up for sharing. I think it has to do something with the fact that this is a new printer and the server has an old version of windows.

So if I download the driver to the server I should then be able to print?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads