Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    I have installed Apache 2.2 - php 5.2 and mysql 5.1 on a Windows XP PC.

Apache stops and starts without an error - and it generates pages on request - php seems to be running and pgpinfo(); does what it's supposed to - and I see mysql is there..

Where I'm having a problem is when I try to connect to mysql with a php script. I get a problem on the server - "Apache HTTP server has encountered a problem and needs to close"

the szAppName is httpd.exe and szModName is php5ts.dll

Any clues?

Member #
    Liked
    205 times
    WAMP is never a good environment to run. I've only ever had nightmares with it.

Did you check your apache and mysql error logs? There may be some clues in there.

Member #
    Thanks - in the end after several google searches and multiple 'solutions' I tried this..

[SIZE=11px][COLOR=rgb(51, 51, 51)]Copy libmysql.dll from mysql\bin to apache\bin[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=11px][COLOR=rgb(51, 51, 51)]and after that everything is working properly..[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Remove Ads