Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Hi Forum,

I need to install a php script to my website, but the company that I bought the script from needs the following to install the script properly:

MySQL hostname:
    MySQL database name:
    MySQL username:
    MySQL password:

Now, I went onto mySQL and created a schemata. Is the name of the Schemate the Database name?

What would my Hostname be? localhost? See my server is overseas so it wouldn't be localhost would it?
    Is the Hostname the same as the network name?

Thanks .... just need clearing up

Member #
    Liked
    2783 times
    "Ask your host". That really is the best source of information in this case.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    1 times
    Well we have a dedicated server in which technical support isn't offered (with godaddy) . Pity but I've got some answers to my question above, thanks though!

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    Theinformation can be obtained quite easily.

MySQL hostname is going to be 'localhost'.
    MySQL database name you will need to create. Open terminal (or if in Windows, a MySQL client) and create a new database.
    MySQL username Same thing. Create a user by use of the "CREATE USER" command (look it up).
    MySQL password Same as above (you input this through the "CREATE USER" command), however I recommend you don't have a password.

Member #
    Liked
    137 times
    ALWAYS have a mySQL password.
    The Rules
    Was another WDF member's post helpful? Click the like button below the post.

Admin at houseofhelp.com

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    I haven't run across a hosting provider that does not provide technical support for their servers... especially once you move into the dedicated server tier. They may not provide support for scripting issues or code issues... but this is a connection issue.

Even so, the one mentioned above does have a FAQ for connection issues...If you login to your "mySql" admin panel, it should provide all the connection details that you will need.

Godaddy runs all of their MySQL instances on a completely different IP block that is not accessible except through name pipe connections to assure that only "their servers" can communicate to "their servers".

Remove Ads