Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    grommetdesigns.com

First i would like to say if some1 buys this domain so they can resell it too me im gonna kick there @**, and then ill buy some other name just so you wasted your money so dont bother.

Ok i figured since this is what im going to be calling my company once I make it a company after college and such, wanna get the degrees b4 I just start creating a business.

For now I just want to have it as my freelance starter thing and it will give the company some background once it becomes that. For now though it will be a wanna be company :P

What do you think of the name its pretty direct but a little long to so im not sure on it. Any suggestions on what I should do?

And of course it will only be .com i will settle for nothing less

I wont buy it until I get hosting which wont be until I can find a host I like, which will prob be within a month im getting fed up with not having this all settled already :P
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    Liked
    2 times
    I think you should come up with another name... Grommet is extremely hard to remember and also very hard to replicate spelling wise. Say you told someone "Hey, check out my site, it's grommet designs" they're going to go home and try to type in grometdesigns.com gronmetdesigns.com grondesigns.com krometdesigns.com etc. I'd go witha shorter word that's very clear and retainable.
    Kyle Neath: Rockstar extraordinare
    The blog | The poetry site | The Spore site

Member #
    something personal i think.

your last name or your initials would be good. something like parsonsdesigns.com, etc.

also, if i was you i would get into the industry as soon as possible. DOnt wait until your finished college. do it now.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    yeah i was thinking about some ppl not bieng able to spell grommet cause there slow :P thats why i was thinking of maybe going with like g-designs.com or something else along those lines. That way I could keep my grommet and still have a quick and easy name i just gotta pick 1 out :/ Suggestions would be great :P

And as for the business thing, I would have to buy an LLC which arnt exactly free and its not gonna get me more business just by saying hey look i have my LLC you know. So i figured i might as well wait a lil bit until atleast i start getting some constant business :P
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    instead of g-designs.com
    u could do gdesigns.com i dont think the dash is that neccessary. it doesnt matter that much but u said u wanted suggestions
    Ad space - for sale, $19.95/month

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Damnit i cant go with either of them This is what makes it so damn difficult. I have to find a short name that IS NOT taken and there dont seem to be any :'(. Ohh well ill find something eventually but ideas would be nice too
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    GMetDesigns.com?

godaddy.com is lagging so I couldn't check if that domain was available or not.

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    Yea its available but i duno if id go with that i was thinkin along those lines with gmtdesigns.com but its taken i could go with gmmtdesigns.com :/
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Member #
    i reckon jasonanderson.com or andersondesign.com

Member #
    Liked
    3 times
    I plan on naming my company Grommet Designs unless i get a partner then things would prob change, but until then im stickin with Grommet Designs ive had it planned out for years now :P.

And still those 2 would be hard for retared people and there a lil long. Like my last name is Anderson but it can also be spelled Andersen and even though Anderson takes the majority by far somepeople are still retarded and go Andersen.
    Jason Anderson
    Grommet Designs
    Web / Graphic Design

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads