Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: scrolling icon

Member #
    it stays up forever and never changes. unless he redoes it before it changes after so many post.

Member #
    the reason that i brought this up , is to tell this person , that in the club bylaws , he cannot use our website to benifit his bus. venture.

Member #
    that is he has set up a monopoly over all else on this forum section.

Member #
    want to make sure he has not set up a monopoly over all other post in that section to benifit his buis.

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    Actually, in this case, it's nothing more than the default order phpBB sorts the threads in (descending order of date of last reply).

Start a new thread about something and it should bump his post down.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    If you look at the stats you will see that that post has had 26 replies - which is far more then the next most replied post, which has only 7 replies.

The icon link is at
    http://www.gnobs.org/forums/styles/p...c_read_hot.gif
    and as you can see by the name - it is a standard icon assigned by phpBB for hot topics.

Also, the last post in that thread was made on Tuesday, June 14, 2011.
    There have been no newer posts that I can see in any of the threads below it.

The only post newer than Tuesday, June 14, is above it. Start a new thread - or post to one of the old ones and see if it moves.
    richard mouton likes this.
    Good design should never say "Look at me!"
    It should say "Look at this." ~ David Craib

http://digitalinsite.ca ~ my current site . . info@digitalinsite.ca ~ my email

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    well i did post something new and it worked. thank you for all your help. what do you think we would have to have from our admin. to have someone else take over website duties??

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    First you'd have to have someone who is able to do what is required as far as troubleshooting and maintenance, then thay'd have to be willing to devote the time to it.
    But why do you want someone else to take over?

If you feel that someone's post helped you fix your problem, answered your question, or just made you feel better, feel free to "Like" their post. The "Like" link is at the bottom right of each post, along side the "reply" link. And if you are being helped here, try to help someone else - pass it on!

Member #
    Liked
    2784 times
    My guess is that this is a not-for-profit with a divided group of volunteers. Happens quite a bit.
    richard mouton likes this.
    If I've helped you out in any way, please pay it forward. My wife and I are walking for Autism Speaks. Please donate, and thanks.

If someone helped you out, be sure to "Like" their post and/or help them in kind. The "Like" link is on the bottom right of each post, beside the "Share" link.

My stuff (well, some of it): My bowling alley site | Canadian Postal Code Info (beta)

Member #
    Liked
    878 times
    Quote Originally Posted by TheGAME1264, post: 209173
    My guess is that this is a not-for-profit with a divided group of volunteers. Happens quite a bit.
    That's what I figured too, from the OP's obvious dissatisfaction with the admin's thread. But it's really not the admin's fault if that thread is the most popular - he was not bumping it himself that I could see.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads