Register

If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    ok so about a year ago, I installed wamp server. It says it has php, sqlite, mysql, and the like. after I install it, just to test it out, I load some php and mysql dependent apps. EVERY TIME ANY APP NEEDS MYSQL IT ERRORS SAYING IT IS NOT INSTALLED. I checked and it is. it says to take semicolons out of extensions in the php.ini that are already enabled. I am confused, wamp went down fighting when I installed it and the only thing working is the html and php. HELP ME PLEASE
    Hey you! Go make something!

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Isn't there a "config and testing", applet in the suite ? Where you can connect to the MySQL DB ... You've also got to find the "username" and password that WAMP uses to connect to MySQL and make sure to use the correct connection string in your apps that you are testing.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    Quote Originally Posted by Webzarus, post: 240625
    Isn't there a "config and testing", applet in the suite ? Where you can connect to the MySQL DB ... You've also got to find the "username" and password that WAMP uses to connect to MySQL and make sure to use the correct connection string in your apps that you are testing.
    where would I input said password to let apps make and acess their respective databases

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    In the app itself... There should be a connection string in each of them.

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    hmmm, not in the like ten i tried...

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Most APPS come with a read me file ... Explaining where to put the connection string info... And depending on the app itself and what version of mysql and php ... You'll also need to make sure they are the same as your WAMP install.

That being said, most scripts that include a DB come with a setup file and or SQL file to run against the DB to create and setup the MySQL tables correctly.

On e the tables have been created, your connection string will need the tables and or schema ( see instructions for individual scripts on the connection string requirements ).

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    ok, but when i try to install most apps it says to enanle something in the php.ini that is already enabled... why?

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Because not every php installation in the world has it enabled. They are just telling you that it needs to be enabled for that app.

That being said, is it enabled globally ( whole machine ) , or on the individual app ?

Php also has an online help section to help you answer most of these questions .

Member #
    Liked
    28 times
    No, these apps won't let me use them unless I enable something that is already enabled

Member #
    Liked
    770 times
    Is the app configure as a "virtual directory"... Or did you just dump it under the root ?

If you are trying to setup an application and they don't provide at least detailed instructions on configuration and setup. Drop them and find one that does.

With so many different ways of doing things and so many possible configs... It would be almost impossible for anyone to answer specific questions about your setup and what you're trying to do.

Thats why people that put out applications either give really good instructions or none... The ones that put out none, assume you know why you're doing or can figure it out... The ones that include specific instructions assume you know little and are wanting to learn.

Remove Ads